Contribute
Register

Help needed "Hackintosh HP Elitebook x360 1030 G3 i7-8650U" Trackpad not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
2560p
CPU
i5
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Hey guys,

I'm new to Hackintosh but I have Dell 5490 with the same processor with everything working on Catalina. I used the same USB on this Laptop and everything but sound and wifi and the battery indicator and the trackpad works.

Anyways after some research I did fix WiFi and Sound. But Still don't have a trackpad working and no battery indicator.

I'm mostly concerned about the trackpad. Touch screen works nicely but the Track Pad is the mouse, it's detected as a mouse, under Trackpad it says no trackpad found.

This is the info I pulled from this system

00:15.0 8086 9D60 103C 8438 Disabl Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP Serial IO I2C Controller #0 Signal processing co Signal processing co /PCI0@0/I2C0@15 pci8086,9d60 PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x15,0x0)
00:15.1 8086 9D61 103C 8438 Disabl Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP Serial IO I2C Controller #1 Signal processing co Signal processing co CI0@0/I2C1@15,1 pci8086,9d61 PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x15,0x1)

Like I said the trackpad is the mouse and it moves and it clicks, the right click is missed most of the time and the mouse movement is lost a lot of times so it's very buggy. However a external USB mouse works perfect.

I would really like to get the trackpad working with touch gestures or at least working like a proper mouse.

Does anyone know which kext files I need? and if I need patches and if I do need patches what would be the process? I'm pretty new to Hackintosh but I'd really like to get this Laptop fully working if possible.

Hey guys,

I'm new to Hackintosh but I have Dell 5490 with the same processor with everything working on Catalina. I used the same USB on this Laptop and everything but sound and wifi and the battery indicator and the trackpad works.

Anyways after some research I did fix WiFi and Sound. But Still don't have a trackpad working and no battery indicator.

I'm mostly concerned about the trackpad. Touch screen works nicely but the Track Pad is the mouse, it's detected as a mouse, under Trackpad it says no trackpad found.

This is the info I pulled from this system

00:15.0 8086 9D60 103C 8438 Disabl Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP Serial IO I2C Controller #0 Signal processing co Signal processing co /PCI0@0/I2C0@15 pci8086,9d60 PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x15,0x0)
00:15.1 8086 9D61 103C 8438 Disabl Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP Serial IO I2C Controller #1 Signal processing co Signal processing co CI0@0/I2C1@15,1 pci8086,9d61 PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x15,0x1)

Like I said the trackpad is the mouse and it moves and it clicks, the right click is missed most of the time and the mouse movement is lost a lot of times so it's very buggy. However a external USB mouse works perfect.

I would really like to get the trackpad working with touch gestures or at least working like a proper mouse.

Does anyone know which kext files I need? and if I need patches and if I do need patches what would be the process? I'm pretty new to Hackintosh but I'd really like to get this Laptop fully working if possible.
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
also read up on VoodooI2C

I’m pretty sure I have VoodooI2C and that’s how the trackpad works like a mouse. I would like to get it working properly though. Do I just need to update to the latest VoodooI2C to get it working properly?

I’m pretty sure I have VoodooI2C and that’s how the trackpad works like a mouse. I would like to get it working properly though. Do I just need to update to the latest VoodooI2C to get it working properly?
depends on your hardware.....

The ID is pci8086,9d60 and according to this page is fully supported

I guess later I will try the latest version unless something else is conflicting with it

Mmmm this installation talks DSDT patching and it sure looks complicated

Last edited:
Can you share your EFI? , I can't solve the battery display problem.

Hey, Did you ever manage to update to big sur?
If so, did you fix touchscreen or trackpad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back