Contribute
Register

HELP NEEDED - can't get High Sierra to boot

• Thread starter Deleted member 1891562
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
@hdv79 Hi again, I think I have a pretty well working setup right now (audio still not working even after new MultiBeast) but now I can't get my Gigabyte Geforce 1050ti GPU to work. I tried to set it up according to the guide here, downloaded web drives etc. but I get stuck on progress bar. I tried it a couple of times, including cleaning up the drivers, updating Lilu, etc...

Could you possibly help with this issue as well :) ?
thanks again

Let's do one at a time. GPU first.
What do you mean by "stuck at the progress bar"? While installing the NVIDIA driver? Or during boot again?
I've installed the web drivers, did everything that's written it this guide and in the Pascal installation guide on this site.
then after rebooting, I get stuck at the apple logo with progress bar - it goes halfway and then freezes.

in BIOS i tried with internal graphics disabled and auto - both same result.

Ok, we need to get the details again. When seeing the clover menu please press space bar an enable verbose mode. Then boot up the system. For the message that's presented, there should be solutions somewhere in this forum. Be careful to only use the most recent kext files (lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, Webdrivers).

Ok, we need to get the details again. When seeing the clover menu please press space bar an enable verbose mode. Then boot up the system. For the message that's presented, there should be solutions somewhere in this forum. Be careful to only use the most recent kext files (lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, Webdrivers).
Working now.
Just needed to reinstall and remove some boot flags from clover that were there before. Now I just need to get that audio working.
Again I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your help, couldn’t have done this without you!

really good Guys! I have the same motherboard and Just started run my unibeast! Sure this will help me a lot as well!

Thanks a lot hdv79!

I'd fiddle with Multibeast on the EFI of your usb drive because it's easy to restore if necessary.
I always used the latest version of multibeast. Audio seems to be fixed with the new version.
Read the guide lines in #1.

Hey hdv79! Now that i have the new Multibeast running I'm bit confused on what should I do concenrning the Audio. Should I choose Realtek ALC 887/888b driver or 100/ 200/ 300 Series Audio Support ? (should I do something before that also ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back