Contribute
Register

[HELP] My Switchable Graphics option in BIOS keeps resetting after reboot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe is BIOS issue. Do you have the latest?
Also, you could try without the RTC fix patch.
BIOS is latest version. A18. Also happened when I was on A04.

Well it still occured when I had no ACPI patches at all, so also no RTC fix.

Is there no other way to force enable Switchable Graphics on boot or at least force iGPU? Like - any other way to use iGPU even when Switchable Graphics is off?

I don't really want to enable Switchable Graphics every boot.. This can't be a permanent thing without any solutions..

BIOS is latest version. A18. Also happened when I was on A04.

Well it still occured when I had no ACPI patches at all, so also no RTC fix.

Is there no other way to force enable Switchable Graphics on boot or at least force iGPU? Like - any other way to use iGPU even when Switchable Graphics is off?

I don't really want to enable Switchable Graphics every boot.. This can't be a permanent thing without any solutions..

No further ideas for that issue. Perhaps you should search for existing threads for same/similar laptop and consult with others that also have the same laptop...

No further ideas for that issue. Perhaps you should search for existing threads for same/similar laptop and consult with others that also have the same laptop...
When you have any info on this, please post here or send me a message, the bug makes my hackintosh pretty unusable :/

Thank you very much for the guides & help!

This (attached image) is the System Log > Power Events in my BIOS, do they tell you anything? It says Battery removed...??

(I've entered BIOS, cleared the Logs, exited BIOS and booted into MacOS, then I clicked Shutdown in MacOS, booted again (once it fails to boot like I described in my original post), entered BIOS and this is what it says now.)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 321
This (attached image) is the System Log > Power Events in my BIOS, do they tell you anything? It says Battery removed...??

(I've entered BIOS, cleared the Logs, exited BIOS and booted into MacOS, then I clicked Shutdown in MacOS, booted again (once it fails to boot like I described in my original post), entered BIOS and this is what it says now.)

No other ideas since post #52.

Did you solve it ?
If not I have a solution for your issue ;
Share your EFI and I will upload it with fix

Here's the Fix for your issue

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cision-m6800-workstation.262199/#post-1862990

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back