Contribute
Register

[HELP] My Switchable Graphics option in BIOS keeps resetting after reboot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look in the repo at the Dell patches. One of them might match. Details on how to find a suitable patch are in the battery patching guide.
Already searched for that, that's why I was using a custom one because that's the only one that worked.

I think first we must establish the true nature of your graphics configuration.
Optimus or not...
?

I don't know if this issue is even fixable, before I mess up everything by trying your fixes for a different topic, I'm just gonna stay on NVIDIA only. Thanks anyway man

Already searched for that, that's why I was using a custom one because that's the only one that worked.

Unless you provide details on this "custom battery patch", I can't really offer any advice.

Check in Windows to see which device your monitors are connected to.

I don't know if this issue is even fixable,

Neither do I... not enough information here.
But no matter what, not all problems are simple with known solutions.
All require experimentation and clear communication regarding hardware configuration and the result of experiments.

Unless you provide details on this "custom battery patch", I can't really offer any advice.
I've attached the patch already in a reply before.

I'm going to follow all the guides you've linked now (USB, Battery, ..), when I got those I'll reply again here.

Thanks

Okay so I'm going to do everything you told me to do yesterday, just to be sure:

0. Always enable Switchable Graphics from BIOS, everytime I boot into MacOS
1. Remove ACPIBatteryManager.kext
2. I'm going to do Clover F4 again
3. Follow the Guide for working battery and/or apply a Battery patch from the Patches Repo where the Battery is most similar to mine
4. Follow the Guide for working USB
5. use MacBookPro11,1 in Clover Config
6. Follow the Guide for disabling NVIDIA Card
7. Disable HaltEnabler
8. Remove all the fixes and SortedOrder from Clover config

Is that all correct?

Thanks

Last edited:
Okay so I'm going to do everything you told me to do yesterday, just to be sure:

0. Always enable Switchable Graphics from BIOS, everytime I boot into MacOS
1. Remove ACPIBatteryManager.kext
2. I'm going to do Clover F4 again
3. Follow the Guide for working battery and/or apply a Battery patch from the Patches Repo where the Battery is most similar to mine
4. Follow the Guide for working USB
5. use MacBookPro11,1 in Clover Config
6. Follow the Guide for disabling NVIDIA Card
7. Disable HaltEnabler
8. Remove all the fixes and SortedOrder from Clover config

Is that all correct?

Thanks

If you think you have CMOS resets, keep in mind there are ACPI patches and Clover patches for that (RTC related).

If you think you have CMOS resets, keep in mind there are ACPI patches and Clover patches for that (RTC related).
Personally I don't think it's a CMOS reset. I tried with changing multiple values, and on boot only the Switchable Graphics option changed. All other values got save successfully.

But I'll try patching any RTC related patches I can find. Hopefully I don't mess anything up by applying wrong patches

Last edited:
- way too many "Fixes" in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes (remove them all)
You told me to remove all Fixes from Clover Config > ACPI, should I remove the DSDT patches from clover config aswell? (Some of them are renames afaik)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back