CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have a problem with Hackintosh. I have hackintosh for a year. 3 weeks ago I updated Sierra (10.15.4) satisfactorily, everything worked correctly, until today.

I was surfing with Chrome and suddenly the computer suddenly turned off and then turned on again, still turning on, rebooting alone again, I did not have time to do anything to try to solve problems, so I turned it off and there it is, I do not know what to do. The only thing I noticed differently on the computer is that when it started after it went off alone, it was ventilating more than usual ... I do not know what could have happened to it.
I have tried to start the OSX with the bootflags "-x" and "nv_disable = 1", but it keeps restarting itself.

However, when Windows starts everything works perfectly, it does not shut down even if I put it to the brim with games or heavy processes of after effects, and OSX goes off simply by starting the system.

In fact, when I first set up the hackintosh last year, when doing in OSX very heavy processes of after effects already I rebooted, however with Windows not, but esque now goes off simply with OSX start ...

I do not know if it is a hardware problem, operating system problem... I read that maybe it is a problem of a bad BIOS configuration, but I did not find a way to solve it, I am not a great BIOS expert. Another person has told me that it may be a problem to have the config.plist misconfigured, but of course, how do I change it without being able to enter OSX?

I find it very strange, since everything worked perfectly after upgrading to Sierra, it has been working fine for 3 weeks so far ...

I hope your help, I am desperate, I have jobs to deliver and with the computer so I can do ...

Thanks in advance.

My hackintosh is:

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK

Intel Core i7-4790K

Enermax Liqmax II 240

16GB Crucial Balistix Tactical 8 GB - RAM (Kit 2 x 8 GB, 240 pin DIMM, DDR 3 1600, NON-ECC)

Corsair CX750M

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 650ti 1gb

Samsung 250 GB SSD - For OSX

WD Black 2TB - For data

WD Blue 1tb- For windows

NZXT h440 - case

Please read and comply with the rules :
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

I have tried to start the OSX with the bootflags "-x" and "nv_disable = 1", but it keeps restarting itself.

nv_disable = 1 is nonsense and will have no effect - It should be nv_disable=1

I do not know if it is a hardware problem, operating system problem...
If Windows is working OK then your hardware should be alright but it could be the hard drive / SSD that Sierra is installed on.

I read that maybe it is a problem of a bad BIOS configuration,
Again if Windows is ok it is unlikely to be a BIOS problem although power spikes can mess up the CMOS settings.

Another person has told me that it may be a problem to have the config.plist misconfigured, but of course, how do I change it without being able to enter OSX?
If it was working ok until it crashed it is unlikely to be a problem with the config.plist.

I hope your help, I am desperate, I have jobs to deliver and with the computer so I can do ...
Restore your backup.

Again if Windows is ok it is unlikely to be a BIOS problem although power spikes can mess up the CMOS settings.

Now that you say it, yesterday we were recording something in the living room with two 800W bulbs, and there was a rise in tension and we ran out of light for a few minutes, and the computer was on ... Could it have broken the bios? My motherboard has dual bios, maybe I have broken one and now it is working with the second, which would explain that windows me would work fine, but OSX? Maybe I have to set the bios again to work out fine? I do not know what it is that I have to change from the bios the truth ...

I was surfing with Chrome and suddenly the computer suddenly turned off and then turned on again, still turning on, rebooting alone again, I did not have time to do anything to try to solve problems, so I turned it off and there it is, I do not know what to do. The only thing I noticed differently on the computer is that when it started after it went off alone, it was ventilating more than usual ... I do not know what could have happened to it.
Given your hardware and the symptoms, it sounds like the problem discussed in this thread (among others) - did you by any chance have the Photos app open (even in the background)? I have the same hardware (motherboard and CPU) and the same issue, and it started after upgrading to Sierra, and only happens when running the Photos app. Before Sierra, the same hardware ran Photos without issues. Everything else, including stuff like Memtest and Handbrake works flawlessly.
If it is indeed the same problem, then to my knowledge there unfortunately is no solution other than disabling photoanalasysd as described in the linked thread.

n0dder

Given your hardware and the symptoms, it sounds like the problem discussed in this thread (among others) - did you by any chance have the Photos app open (even in the background)? I have the same hardware (motherboard and CPU) and the same issue, and it started after upgrading to Sierra, and only happens when running the Photos app. Before Sierra, the same hardware ran Photos without issues. Everything else, including stuff like Memtest and Handbrake works flawlessly.
If it is indeed the same problem, then to my knowledge there unfortunately is no solution other than disabling photoanalasysd as described in the linked thread.

n0dder

My problem does not lie in the Photos application, I used it after upgrading to Sierra and it worked perfectly

The first time I shut down yesterday, I was just using Chrome, and it was all back to the peak of current we triggered when we were with the spotlights

Solved

From Windows I did an in-depth analysis of the SSD with HD SENTINEL to check that it had nothing corrupt, then I did a backup of the SSD and then I did a low level format with the HDD LOW LEVEL FORMAT, leaving the hard disk factory to be able to make a clean installation of the operating system. I reinstalled the OSX and everything works perfectly.

I still do not understand how a peak voltage can mess you up this way the operating system... but hey, it's all sorted out.

I have the same problem. My Nuc 6i7kyk keeps restarting itself out of the sudden.
I've installed a second nvme, swapped the ram module without any success.

Here are my specs:
Nuc 6i7kyk
16GB ram
1 TB nvme
500GB nvme
running 10.14.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back