Contribute
Register

Help my computer can't detect iboot or iboot legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Cheap Taiwanese Motherboards
CPU
i5 2500K , i5 2410m , i7 2600K , Xeon E3 1220 (Sandy Bridge)
Graphics
550 Ti , 560 Ti , GT 520M , HD3000 , Q600
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
i am currently running on these system:

Core i5 2500k 3,3 ghz
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 (Bios version F8)
Gigabyte Nvidia gtx550OC Ti
8 GB Corsair 1333mhz memory

i have set the bios (hpet, boot priority, ahci) but my computer still can't detect iboot or even iboot legacy (i've tried in other computer and it worked just fine )

is there any of you who got the same problem as i do?
any help will be highly regarded

Did you burn the iBoot disc properly?

RTK said:
Did you burn the iBoot disc properly?
yeah i did , the disc was able to run properly on other computers
i even tried an external dvd drive, my computer still won't detect either iboot or iboot legacy

Sorry, I guess I missed that part in the original post.

Can you currently boot from other CD/DVD discs (Win or Linux)?

yes i can boot from windows 7 dvd installer and 10.2 Ubuntu installer
is there any solution you can suggest to me? is there any other tool to replace iboot/iboot legacy?

note : after i tried another dvd drive (samsung), finally able to detect iboot legacy but whenever i swap iboot legacy to SL retail dvd and press f5 it said bootmgr missing

sorry for the dumb question, i'm a noob anyway

although my computer finally able to detect iboot legacy, whenever i swap it to snow leopard retail disc and press f5, the computer won't detect the retail disc and showing "bootmgr missing" message

how can i fix it? thanks in advance

Frank sinistra said:
although my computer finally able to detect iboot legacy, whenever i swap it to snow leopard retail disc and press f5, the computer won't detect the retail disc and showing "bootmgr missing" message

Mhmm, what version of iBoot are you using? What Snow leopard disc are you using? I had this same problem actually ahwile back when I first tried loading my hackintosh. It wouldn't take the Snow leopard 10.6 disc and it wouldn't take one of the newer versions of iBoot. So what I ended up doing was installing an older version of iBoot I think like v1.0 works perfect for me I also ended up buying snow leopard retail disc: 10.6.3

Now if your going to try this I would recommend just downloading an older version of iBoot seeing if that works then if that doesn't work you can try getting a 10.6.3 snow leopard disc although, I highly doubt it has something to do with the retail disc. It was just something I did and it worked for me, But the reason it may have worked for me was because my original snow leopard disc was kinda scratched up lol So that may have been part of it as well.

Best of luck, Tazzy :thumbup:

tazzyopz said:
Frank sinistra said:

Mhmm, what version of iBoot are you using? What Snow leopard disc are you using? I had this same problem actually ahwile back when I first tried loading my hackintosh. It wouldn't take the Snow leopard 10.6 disc and it wouldn't take one of the newer versions of iBoot. So what I ended up doing was installing an older version of iBoot I think like v1.0 works perfect for me I also ended up buying snow leopard retail disc: 10.6.3

Now if your going to try this I would recommend just downloading an older version of iBoot seeing if that works then if that doesn't work you can try getting a 10.6.3 snow leopard disc although, I highly doubt it has something to do with the retail disc. It was just something I did and it worked for me, But the reason it may have worked for me was because my original snow leopard disc was kinda scratched up lol So that may have been part of it as well.

Best of luck, Tazzy :thumbup:

thanks to you i got it solved!
replaced my iboot to an older version, works magnificently until now
thanks again good sir!!

I'm having a problem much like this, I tried an older version of iBoot, maybe I'll try an even older version, but when I boot up iBoot, everything goes good, I then swap my cd to the Snow Leppard DVD and press F5 first I get a EBIOS Read Error - Drive not ready (Which I assume is just waiting for the drive to spin up) but then after a few seconds to shows my iBoot screen again, but without the iBoot icon, and NO snow leppard option... I've been trying this on a HP Notebook G72 with a Intel i3 2.4ghz CPU Intel HD Video, 4GB RAM. I went in to the BIOS and its VERY basic, there is no way to swap the SATA options, but I did load Default Settings and saved. Any help on this would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back