Help: Multi-Boot/Dual Boot Not working!

CPU
M-5Y10c
Graphics
HD 5300
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello Everyone,

I have a Haier Y11B, which is currently running High Sierra 10.13.6 as defualt on a 128 GB SSD, I have another external SSD of 32 GB on which I installed Windows 10, UEFI via RUFUS as GPT. I installed it by replacing my Hackintosh internal SSD because it wouldn't install on an external USB Device adapter. (At that time I was able to Boot my HS with SSD Adapter along with Windows)

When I replaced my internal SSD back to HS, Windows wouldn't boot. Like it Windows Screen will come, Loading Circle and then reboots. Later it goes to Recovery when I boot again. (Also noticed at Windows Screen, SSD's LED stops blinking)

I had searched TonyMacx86 for Dual Booting guides and Have tried each and every one of them, but my problem remains.

I have placed Microsoft folder in Clover, and fixed Boot Files on Windows Partition..
Can Anyone please help me?

Last edited:

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7 Rev.1 BIOS F7
CPU
Intel Xeon W3670
Graphics
RX580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac
For help with laptops it is best to post in the Laptop Forum.

CPU
M-5Y10c
Graphics
HD 5300
Mobile Phone
iOS
For help with laptops it is best to post in the Laptop Forum.
Well but the topic is related to Dual Booting no?
Can you help me.

Or you really think I'll get the answer there/

Going Bald

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Xeon W3670
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
Well but the topic is related to Dual Booting no?
Can you help me.

Or you really think I'll get the answer there/
Not necessarily.
Are both drives internally installed into the laptop?
If only Win8(?) drive is installed, does it boot normally?
If only MAC OS drive is installed, does it boot normally?
If both drives are installed and the Win drive is set for first in the UEFI/BIOS boot order, does it boot normally?
If both drives are installed and the MAC OS drive is set for first in the UEFI/BIOS boot order, does it boot normally?

CPU
M-5Y10c
Graphics
HD 5300
Mobile Phone
iOS
Not necessarily.
Are both drives internally installed into the laptop?
If only Win8(?) drive is installed, does it boot normally?
If only MAC OS drive is installed, does it boot normally?
If both drives are installed and the Win drive is set for first in the UEFI/BIOS boot order, does it boot normally?
If both drives are installed and the MAC OS drive is set for first in the UEFI/BIOS boot order, does it boot normally?
1- If Windows 10 SSD is installed on Laptop, It works Fine. And I can Boot into Mac OS SSD via USB Adapter too.
2- If both Drives are Installed, MacOS Internally and Windows 10 Externally, It doesnt boot, Neither with Bios nor with Clover.
And both are UEFI.

Going Bald

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Xeon W3670
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
1- If Windows 10 SSD is installed on Laptop, It works Fine. And I can Boot into Mac OS SSD via USB Adapter too.
2- If both Drives are Installed, MacOS Internally and Windows 10 Externally, It doesnt boot, Neither with Bios nor with Clover.
And both are UEFI.
Win10 is not set up to boot from a USB drive unless you create a Windows-to-Go drive - see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/planning/windows-to-go-overview

Do you have room to install both drives internally? If not, leave Win10 drive installed internal and boot Mac OS from external USB is best route to dual boot for you.