i5-8400
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
if you want to build you own hackitosh MAC, i STRONGLY suggest you DO NOT buy a MSI mother board, it`s quite unfriendly to a beginner , and if you unfortunately got a MSI mother board, then DO NOT modifiy the BIOS file, lt will cause a lot of weird faults when installing OSX.
AND i`m the guy got a MSI Z270 ITX board with a modified BIOS to run a i5 8400 CPU.I was blinded by the fancy but useless RGB light on board and the attractive low price of 8400,(175$) 6 cores, wow. Stupidly, i sold my colorful Z170 itx(without fancy light ) and i3 8100, it is cheap too(less than 100$), which works quite well in High Sierra 13.4, sound、LAN、Video Card 、Sleep, every thing is peaches and cream. i`m really regret now.
Now i have worked on it for weeks, and I still can`t even boot into the install UI. i got a lot data on that SSD,but there`s only on OSX system on it.
i tried to find information on the internet, it seems there got very few MSI board users in this forum, and i only found one got a Z270 ITX, i tried to follow his install guide,but it failed, then i tried to find similiar borads like MSI Z270M or other brands like AUSU、ASRock、GA but all failed.
So,i have to ask if there is anyone have a similar experience, and could help me get throuth this difficulty, i will be really gratitude.

here is my device list,EFI and the failure information:
Mother board: MSI Z270I GAMING PRO CARBON AC
CPU:i5 8400
Memory:G-skill 8GB 3000MHz
Video Card: MSI Nvida 1050TI OC
SSD: SUMSANG 960EVO

failure info,EFI driver64uefi,kext and config.plist are in the attached files.

failure.jpg
DRIVER.png
KEXT.png

the problem seems to the CPU, it stoped on FAULT CPU: 0X13753e00, i thout it may be cause by the CPUFACK ID i tried to fack the CPU into Kabylake,and the platform was set to imac 18.1 or 18.2 and i also tried MAC pro 6.1 ALL FAILED.
please help me

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.6 KB · Views: 180
Forgive my ignorance, or maybe you already figured it out.

But the 8xxx series is the 8th generation, and the z270 motherboard are 7th generation. So.. no match.

You'll either need a z370 board for your 8400 cpu,
or a 7xxx cpu series for your z270 motherboard.

if you want to build you own hackitosh MAC, i STRONGLY suggest you DO NOT buy a MSI mother board, it`s quite unfriendly to a beginner
This is why we highly recommend that all beginners read through User Builds and Golden Builds first and find a complete, successful guide that has instructions they can follow, including the hardware choices/combinations, so that you know they are compatible. Each motherboard has it's own specific issues that someone else has already worked out for you. Makes everything much easier.

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance, or maybe you already figured it out.

But the 8xxx series is the 8th generation, and the z270 motherboard are 7th generation. So.. no match.

You'll either need a z370 board for your 8400 cpu,
or a 7xxx cpu series for your z270 motherboard.

A Z270 motherboard supposedly is not compatible with the i5 8400. But the OP said he/she got a modified BIOS to run the 8400 on the Z270 motherboard. So I suppose he/she was able to get the motherboard to POST. Of course such a combination is going to have problems elsewhere.

A Z270 motherboard supposedly is not compatible with the i5 8400. But the OP said he/she got a modified BIOS to run the 8400 on the Z270 motherboard. So I suppose he/she was able to get the motherboard to POST. Of course such a combination is going to have problems elsewhere.

Yeah, sloppy reading by me :crazy:. Still abit uncertian in my opinion.

Although, I've see i9-9900k clocked to 5.5ghz on a z170 :eek:

Yeah, sloppy reading by me :crazy:. Still abit uncertian in my opinion.

Although, I've see i9-9900k clocked to 5.5ghz on a z170 :eek:
i`ve gave up toss about the msi borad, thouth it`s quite stable when a win os run on it, i have to shield two golden points of the CPU, and modified the bios file to add the 8th gen CPU code, WHICH I THINK MAY BE the very archcriminal causing
  • Failure installing OS X, i `ve buy another ASrock z370m itx board, but the USB bus still got same issue. whatever i think i`ve lost interest in hacktoish, it`s quite a waste time. win10 is doing much better now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back