i7-3770S
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Everything was working well and then in some sleep deprived state, I did something with Multibeast and now can't get past white boot screen.

Have tried using -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=0 at boot screen with no success. In BIOS Vt-d is disabled.

Here's my last screen shot in -v

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• ENIMAGE1359864155254.jpg
    ENIMAGE1359864155254.jpg
    772.2 KB · Views: 145
Some more information would be useful. What did you do in multibeast that caused the issue? What were you settings before you messed with multibeast?

can you boot with -x or -f ?

1) Can't boot with -x or -f (not sure what -f is but tried it)
2) I think I downloaded the new 5.2 MultiBeast update and ran it as is. No good reason, just wasn't thinking.
3) My previous settings were (I think) what was posted for the Official 2012 guide for custom MacMini build on this site by TonyMac.

4) I think if I could get it to boot, I could go into my system folders and delete the extras folder from S/L/E. Then I could start fresh with MultiBeast and run it correctly. (I think this might work but it's not like I know a lot. Just what I put together searching the forum to solve my problem)

Attachments

• customacmini2012-mb.jpg
    customacmini2012-mb.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 135
I'm willing to do a reinstall, pull the SSD hard drive out of my build, or whatever as long as I don't erase my files on it (Last Back up was > 1 week ago) and I don't know if I have an image (have to look). I have access to another mac and a windows machine if that helps.

Reinstalling ML will not delete any of you files, unless you do format of course. However it is very peculiar that you cannot boot with any arguments. Can you get to a command line startup? To try this boot with -s

Have you tried booting with the UniBeast USB?

1) I did a ML reinstall earlier
2) I can boot with USB and can reinstall, open disk utility, etc.
3) with -s I get command line but don't know what to do next. It says last line: "If you wish to boot the system: exit
:/ root#

Boot using -s then type; sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/

this will delete the contents of this folder and force the system to reload the kexts it needs to boot. Try this first, after that we can try deleting the Extra folder possibly.

Do I type all this on the boot line? I tried it and still have the same problem.

I tried your suggestion and no luck. I even created another partition on my SSD drive and installed ML, but no luck.

I tried deleting Extra folder using terminal but couldn't get in to do so. My hard drive is named Mountain Lion (with a space) and I can't (don't know how) to access the drive because "Mountain Lion" with a space is not recognized. How do I need to enter the space in terminal.

My next step is to take the SSD out of my customac mini, connect it as an external drive to another mac, save my files and start fresh.

Any suggestions.

Talking myself through some of this (not very healthy). I found out I can use " " 's around my hard drive name or \ before the space to enter my hard drive name ("Mountain Lion" or Mountain\ Lion) in terminal to access my Extras folder. I'll try to use this to delete the extras folder in terminal and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back