Contribute
Register

help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
but i dont want to lose my windows 7. (and i have only 1 hard disk)

Use a USB to boot macOS until you're ready to commit...

i did not understand what you wanted to say

Boot Clover from USB in order to run macOS.
Boot your computer without the USB when you want to run Windows.

Also, obviously if you don't want to touch your Windows disk, you will need to install macOS to a second HDD/SSD.

oh my bad freaking English.
I mean i dont want to touch my existing Windows partition and i want to install mac on the same hard drive. RehabMan said that boot mac os from USB. and i wanted to say that how i can use mac os on usb without downloading it on Laptop.
I mean can i download mac on USB ? and how ?
it would be very slow running mac on a usb hard drive, not something i would recommend

you would basically boot up with your usb install disk and install to the external usb hard drive

after installing or using it will i be able to use Windows ?
if you install MacoS to an external usb hard drive, then windows will be fine as that will be on your internal hard drive

or you could buy a new internal hard drive, take out your windows hard drive for safe keeping and then install MacOS on the new internal hard drive. that may be a better solution

cant i make like this:
i have 2 partitions C and D
cant i shirnk some space from D and make partition (F)(for example) Then go to disk utility and format (F) partition as Extended journaled?
and 2-3 more questions:
1.will i be able to use Windows 7 after formatting partition(F) as OS x journaled?
2. will i be able to use Windows and mac os ?
please reply ASAP
sincerely
~namee
from the FAQ:

Dual boot using Clover:
- you can install OS X provided the following conditions are met: EFI partitition >= 200MB, no MSR partition
- if Windows is installed legacy, you'll have to re-install (or convert to GPT/UEFI) unless on a separate drive (GPT issue mentioned above)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

To determine whether Windows is installed legacy or UEFI, run MSINFO32.exe and check "BIOS Mode".

Summary:
- OS X requires GPT, so if your Windows install is legacy, must convert to UEFI/GPT
- OS X doesn't like the MSR partition, so you have to remove it
- OS X requires 200+mb EFI partition, so if yours is smaller, must increase the size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back