CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I need some help with USB. Normally this wouldnt be an issue. The problem is, my laptop has 4 USB ports, 2 are USB 3 and 2 are normal USB. Only the USB 3.0 are working. Ive done the USB rollback. At some point they were all working, but its unstable. It seems I might occasionally get them all working but most of the time its just the USB 3.0. Well turns out my laptop doesnt do wireless. The only cheap trick is to use a USB wireless adapter such as those tiny ones that you can get that are the size as usb bluetooth adapters. Well the one I got doesnt work on the USB 3. When I did get my laptop to boot with normal USB, then the adapter kicked in and I was almost going but then I blue screened. It seems if I can get USB working Id be set.

Ive read of the issues like this before and It didnt concern me until now cuz I wouldnt care if I only had 2 out of 4 working especially if it was the faster kind. but Im stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

meatyloaf said:
For anyone with the same problem I managed to get all usb ports working by using just the multibeast iousb rollback and usb 3 kext, then deleting AppleHPET.kext. No idea what this kext is used for, but it's done the job and working well.

I gotta give you a million thanks Meatyloaf. That worked.

About your first question, I dont know if I ever had all 4 working. I just know I had some working. I think every now and then it does boot with all 4, until just now that is. I tried that AppleHPET deletion and that worked to the T.

SO I am 100% on this HPackintosh!

Well I have to put the tiny wifi adapter on but I know it will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back