i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all guys. I have a successfully configured open core and I need to update it. Because there is an issue with Monteray. So how I can update it? There is no guide or instruction. Just a totally quiet Github repo. So i just download the open core release and merge some files with my others. But no luck it's not booting my system anymore. Also the boot graphics changed to some **** but I don't touch the resources folder. Please put my noise in the place where I can replace some files to successfully update this thing. Thanks.
I have attached my working OpenCore folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    57.9 MB · Views: 82
Hello all guys. I have a successfully configured open core and I need to update it. Because there is an issue with Monteray. So how I can update it? There is no guide or instruction. Just a totally quiet Github repo. So i just download the open core release and merge some files with my others. But no luck it's not booting my system anymore. Also the boot graphics changed to some **** but I don't touch the resources folder. Please put my noise in the place where I can replace some files to successfully update this thing. Thanks.
I have attached my working OpenCore folder.
Follow the OpenCore official guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/update.html#updating-opencore

Ok, omg, And what I must do next with it? Change it by hands and for what? I have no idea what each parameter and value means.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 09.21.48.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 09.21.48.png
    567 KB · Views: 135
Hi smail2133, in you post, you wrote "..I have a successfully configured open core and I need to update it. Because there is an issue with Monteray.."

does that mean that have a working copy of your OpenCore EFI before all your attempts to update it and if you do, can you please post that previous working OpenCore EFI, thanks.

Hi smail2133, in you post, you wrote "..I have a successfully configured open core and I need to update it. Because there is an issue with Monteray.."

does that mean that have a working copy of your OpenCore EFI before all your attempts to update it and if you do, can you please post that previous working OpenCore EFI, thanks.
Hello @Robbish. Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have a working copy of EFI, already attached in the first post of this thread.

Hello @Robbish. Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have a working copy of EFI, already attached in the first post of this thread.
so does your EFI already work as is in BigSur ?
what Intel platform is it e.g, Haswell, Skylake?
ProperTree identified your config plist as OpenCore 0.6.x series release;

Screenshot from 2021-11-08 12-32-05.png

I'm going to have a crack at updating this and I report back

so does your EFI already work as is in BigSur ?
what Intel platform is it e.g, Haswell, Skylake?
ProperTree identified your config plist as OpenCore 0.6.x series release;

View attachment 533576
I'm going to have a crack at updating this and I report back
Yes, this is works well on BigSur right now.
My platform like in my profile: Coffe Lake, z370n wifi, sapphire rx580 8gb

So @smail2133 , I managed to update your config.plist as far as the below but I've not figured out how to remove those 6 errors yet ?? , I've attached my attemp for you.

robbish@Kaby-MiniPC:~/Desktop/ocvalidate$ '/home/robbish/Desktop/ocvalidate/ocvalidate.linux' '/home/robbish/Desktop/smail2133 on Tonymacx86/EFI/EFI/OC/Config.plist'
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 2 index!
OCS: Missing key Arch, context <Add>!
Serialisation returns 6 errors!

Attachments

• smail2133 on Tonymacx86.zip
    12.1 MB · Views: 62

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 16.31.14.png

So @smail2133 , I managed to update your config.plist as far as the below but I've not figured out how to remove those 6 errors yet ?? , I've attached my attemp for you.

robbish@Kaby-MiniPC:~/Desktop/ocvalidate$ '/home/robbish/Desktop/ocvalidate/ocvalidate.linux' '/home/robbish/Desktop/smail2133 on Tonymacx86/EFI/EFI/OC/Config.plist'
Serialisation returns 6 errors!

No clue on the "OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 2 index!" error but the Arch was simple it was missing in five of the loading .efi files, I used the x86_64 for it. An insert this with DiffMerge when looking at the sample.plist and this one in a file diff showing them missing. Now I am compressing up the Config.plist I see that OpenCore.efi from 2020 in there needs to be updated to have any hope in hell of booting Monteray I would think.

MacUser2525:~$ /Volumes/Sea_To_Do/Downloads/new/OpenCore-0.7.5-RELEASE/Utilities/ocvalidate/ocvalidate /Volumes/Sea_To_Do/Downloads/smail2133\ on\ Tonymacx86/EFI/EFI/OC/Config.plist
Serialisation returns 1 error!

Completed validating /Volumes/Sea_To_Do/Downloads/smail2133 on Tonymacx86/EFI/EFI/OC/Config.plist in 1 ms. Found 1 issue requiring attention.

Edit: And now I am thinking to upgrade the OC to newer version simple make a copy of your EFI directory download the OC 0.7.5 then copy and paste the files in all the directories in the new into the old update the .kext to the newer versions available take a formatted GPT USB stick place the new EFI folder in its first partition the EFI system partition and then boot using your EFI boot menu for the motherboard. On mine I hit the F12 key while booting to get this and boot the stick I always use in this same way everytime I upgrade. Since it looks like you are coming from a version of OC that used the old nvram method a clear nvram on the first boot then allowing it to proceed on the next boot would be in order too.

Attachments

• Config.plist.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back