2x GEFORCE GT 640
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a working install of Yosemite 10.10.5 on 1 SSD; (was booting via Chimera) and a working install of El Capital PB 5 on another SSD; booting via Clover.

Once I used clover to set up El Capitan, it appears to now have become my default bootloader, which is fine I can still boot to Yosemite; however, whatever Chimera injects for audio (Im fairly new, so forgive me) isn't being added when I boot via Clover. Ethernet works, so audio is the only thing I can tell that I have missing...

Do I need to install Clover to Yosemite to have this/these added, or am I totally off base here? I have avoided using Clover as I wasn't able to get a working/booting copy of Yosemite that way. I am surprised that I got El Capitan working; I do understand more about the config.plist now, but just barely..

TL;DR: Now that Clover is my default bootloader, do i need to install Clover to Yosemite to get it to have audio?

This may belong in Yosemite desktop support, but since it involves both I created the thread here. Mods please move if necessary.

I am not able to enlight you 100% on the topic, but can explain maybe a bit on it, as I am using the same testing environment.

Clover and Chimera are both installed on one of the SSDs boot sector. Depending on your motherboard, BIOS or (simply spoken) UEFI will load the boot sector (or something similar) from one of the disks.

So you either have installed Clover on the Y-SSD, or you installed on the EC-SSD and made it boot first. So in order to get a working environment, you may either install Clover on EC-SSD and re-install Chimera on Y-SSD, or you select a different default drive to boot in BIOS.

You may also use F12 or whatever your mainboard offers during booting to select between the two discs.

But as you, I am tempted to let everything run with Clover, once I found out about the settings necessary. I guess you will find help even here in the forum on how to work on the audio thingy, which is not important for me as i use bluetooth speakers. When I remeber right, there is a script solution by toleda, you might look for postings mentioning his name (e.g. here).

Ethernet will work, as it is injected very early by Clover (as oposed to audio).

Karlson.

I installed Clover onto the EC-SSD while the other drives were not connected, as I did the same thing with Chimera on the Y-SSD.

When I choose via BOIS setting or F12 to boot off of the Y-SSD (w/Chimera) and try to load El Capitan, I get infinite reboots, so thats not an option. Unless thats "NOT" an option :think:

I was able to get audio working on the Clover/EC-SSD by using toleda's script. My issue, is that I don't have audio on the Yosemite install when booting via the Clover bootloader.. I am very tempted to try and install Clover on the Y-SSD, but given my previous troubles in getting a config.plist that works, Im cautious as I currently have a fully working Yosemite install..

Hoping to find a work around to getting audio running while booting with the Clover bootloader, without having to install Clover on the Y-SSD.

Hoping to find a work around to getting audio running while booting with the Clover bootloader, without having to install Clover on the Y-SSD.

Try using MultiBeast on the Clover installation as follows: (got audio on mine with this)
Note: Install your audio ALC and EFI.... Nothing else.
Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 6.54.35 AM.png

Try using MultiBeast on the Clover installation as follows: (got audio on mine with this)
Note: Install your audio ALC and EFI.... Nothing else.

Are you suggesting I boot into El Cap, and run MultiBeast? If so, it just 'unexpectedly quits' (tried 7.4.1 and 7.1.1 as I saw in a success guide) If your suggesting I boot into Yosemite, via the Clover bootloader and run MultiBeast, Ive tried that, it doesn't fix the issue.. :banghead:

Heres the DropBox link to the quit file, if anybody knows how to interpret it: Quit.txt

But as you, I am tempted to let everything run with Clover, once I found out about the settings necessary. I guess you will find help even here in the forum on how to work on the audio thingy, which is not important for me as i use bluetooth speakers. When I remeber right, there is a script solution by toleda, you might look for postings mentioning his name (e.g. here).

Ethernet will work, as it is injected very early by Clover (as oposed to audio).

Karlson.

I took the plunge.. I tried everything under the sun for hours :banghead: to get audio to work without installing clover on the Y-SSD, with no success

Finally, I installed clover with the help of baja-king and his success guide: Yosemite Clover UEFI Guide
Then I used toleda's No Audio Devices guide to get audio working.

Now Im fully booting both OS's and SSD's via Clover :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back