Graphics
MSI NGTX 560 Ti Hawk
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm going to buy a graphics card that I did not bought earlier with my system.. I'm really confused between ATI or Nvidia their performance, compatibility and price. My budget is around $200.

First of all I was thinking about ATI Radeon HD 6790, but in some post I read that It's not compatible with PC installations... So I focused on GeForce GTX 560. But I'm unaware of this too.. Please suggest me a card with maximum compatibility and performance with reasonable price.

My current System is
Core i7 2600k
DH67BLB3
8GB DDR3
GeForce 9400GT
Mac OS X 10.6.8

I can confirm, that with Lion at least, the nVidia GTX 550Ti is 100% compatible, even works OOB when installing on a Dell XPS 8300. Still testing with a gigabyte MoBo atm, but it will also work, with minimal effort.

Price ranges from $150-$230. Mine is an nVidia "Reference Design" card, direct from nVidia, branded as nVidia, not another company, such as PNY or XFX. Mine cost me $229 off the shelf at BestBuy (bought before i started doing my hackintosh). IMO, was worth the extra few $$ for perfect compatiblity.

~~Grave

Thanks for replies...

I'm confirming my local prices and few more options.

I am also looking for a graphic card, but my budget is 100$. I do not play games, so I don't care about gaming-related features. I only use one monitor, so no need for 2 DVIs. I want to see movies and do some design (2D) work. Maybe I need the latest Open GL 4.x?

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back