Asus Rog Strix-B660-I-Gaming-Wifi
CPU
i3-12100F
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. iMac
My 9800 GT graphics card has crashed, I sent it to repair. :crazy:

I have another graphics card replacement 7300 GT, when I boot with the cd I iBoot image and when I boot without the cd iBoot I have a blue screen.

I wonder what he must check in. kext for this graphics card works.

Thank you all

ps: Os - Snow Leopard

If I understand right, your system boots but the screen stays blue. If that is the case it used to happen to me too.

One way I got around it was when the system booted, and the screen was still blue, I pushed Command+Shift+Q and then pushed Return. This logs the current user out and returns to the login screen. The screen would always return to normal when I did this. I could then login and use the computer just fine.

I managed to get rid of it by running the System Utilities in Multibeast.

sabrina said:
My 9800 GT graphics card has crashed, I sent it to repair. :crazy:

I have another graphics card replacement 7300 GT, when I boot with the cd I iBoot image and when I boot without the cd iBoot I have a blue screen.

I wonder what he must check in. kext for this graphics card works.

Thank you all

ps: Os - Snow Leopard

Topic moved to Installation Support.

chasetb said:
If I understand right, your system boots but the screen stays blue. If that is the case it used to happen to me too.

One way I got around it was when the system booted, and the screen was still blue, I pushed Command+Shift+Q and then pushed Return. This logs the current user out and returns to the login screen. The screen would always return to normal when I did this. I could then login and use the computer just fine.

I managed to get rid of it by running the System Utilities in Multibeast.

In Multibeast you select anything for the graphics card
7300GT?

For the 9800 GT, I never select

Thank you

You shouldn't need to check anything else in Multibeast. Having your system updated to at least 10.6.5 couldn't hurt either.

chasetb said:
You shouldn't need to check anything else in Multibeast. Having your system updated to at least 10.6.5 couldn't hurt either.

I install 10.6.5

The 7300 GT card, blue screen.

With my 9800 GT is out it works.
I do the same selection in Multibeast.

When I start with IBOOT it works but without the iBoot it does not work, I always have the blue screen.

I do not know what to do!

951886tuto6.png

sabrina said:
chasetb said:

I install 10.6.5

When I start with IBOOT it works but without the iBoot it does not work, I always have the blue screen.

951886tuto6.png
Apple removed support for the 7xxx sreies of graphics cards with the 10.6.3 update. You can extract a graphics string and add it to com.apple.boot.plist if you want, but if it won't take long to get your 9800 back is probably isn't worth it.

sabrina said:
chasetb said:

I install 10.6.5

You are using an older unsupported version of MultiBeast and should upgrade to the latest.

MacMan said:
sabrina said:
chasetb said:

I install 10.6.5

You are using an older unsupported version of MultiBeast and should upgrade to the latest.

I just found the problem. :D

You must install 32-bit Apple Boot Screen and not the 64-Bit.
As the graphics card is the old 64-bit is not taken
supported.

Thank you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back