Graphics
EVGA GTX 750
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I did install El Capitan, now i have the last version before Sierra. All works great!.
But I have a serious problem with it. In clover boot loader I have El capitan disk and the recovery disk.
I lose the files contained in the usb that I used to install El Capitan.
If I'll have problem with Osx I can't use the recovery disk without the usb.
What Can I do now?.
Is there a way for create a new bootable usb for my El capitan installation?.
Can you suggest to me a guide...for dummies. Thank You!.

Hi!. I know how to create a bootable USB in order to install El Capitan. I did it when I installed OS X on my pc. But time later I lose the original USB I used. So now my question is that: if I'll have problem with El Capitan and I need to use the Rescue partition in Clover, do I necessarily have the USB used during the installation? Or I can use a further, new one USB? May it function?

Hi!. I know how to create a bootable USB in order to install El Capitan. I did it when I installed OS X on my pc. But time later I lose the original USB I used. So now my question is that: if I'll have problem with El Capitan and I need to use the Rescue partition in Clover, do I necessarily have the USB used during the installation? Or I can use a further, new one USB? May it function?

So you want to know if you will have to use a unibeast installation drive for a complete new installation or you could just install through recovery partition? is that correct? if so I would recommend using Time machine for a backup solution through the recovery partition. But you must have FakeSmc in your EFI/Clover/Kext/10.x in order to make it boot. then a complete rewind in Time:lol: would then be possible:thumbup: if you would have problems...

Thank you! I already did a time machine partition in another internal HD. But I didn't know that there was a kext to add in Efi in order to use time machine. I'll add soon. May I add this kext file in the hide Efi partition of El Capitan, right (Efi/clover/kext...)?. And, about carbon copy? I have another internal ssd where I did the bootable clone of El Capitan Ssd with Carbon Copy. Is it all or have I to add a further operation to do it bootable?...I did hear something about multibeast with Carbon Copy...but...I still am a dummies with hackintosh. And I never did use carbon copy. Thank You!!!

Thank you! I already did a time machine partition in another internal HD. But I didn't know that there was a kext to add in Efi in order to use time machine. I'll add soon. May I add this kext file in the hide Efi partition of El Capitan, right (Efi/clover/kext...)?. And, about carbon copy? I have another internal ssd where I did the bootable clone of El Capitan Ssd with Carbon Copy. Is it all or have I to add a further operation to do it bootable?...I did hear something about multibeast with Carbon Copy...but...I still am a dummies with hackintosh. And I never did use carbon copy. Thank You!!!

FakeSMC in The folder mentionned in post 4, is only to be able to boot from the recovery partition. What is great using time machine is that you don't have to create a EFI partition since you already are booting from it. it is just a rewind in time. :lol:Personally, I prefer using Time machine backup it is an integrated tool. If anything goes wrong with my hack I just need to boot from the recovery partition and backup from the desired time and date. No need to install Clover again or adding kexts or config.plist. Carbon copy cloner is a great tool too I have used it a lot before and still use it on some occasions. You just need to make it bootable through multibeast by installing Clover Bootloader. By doing so, a EFI partition will be created an you just need to copy your config.plist that you are using with your original install and paste it to EFI/Clover on the backup HDD and of course add the same kexts to the same place. Same process for DSDT or SSDT if you are using one. And some would Say you just have to copy the EFI folder and Paste it to the new HDD.:lol:

So you want to know if you will have to use a unibeast installation drive for a complete new installation or you could just install through recovery partition? is that correct? if so I would recommend using Time machine for a backup solution through the recovery partition. But you must have FakeSmc in your EFI/Clover/Kext/10.x in order to make it boot. then a complete rewind in Time:lol: would then be possible:thumbup: if you would have problems...
I mounted my Efi partition in order to add the FakeSmc kext file and...It already there in the folder. So, is it already done or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back