Contribute
Register

Help me, Icons Bug in Big Sur OC 0.6.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus H81M > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i3-4170
Graphics
GT 730
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello! I hope you have a nice day, I am having a problem with the icons in Big Sur, some icons fail and look strange, or are missing, im using open core 0.6.4, and big sur official release from the app store, after install, after the second or third reboot when im installing programs, it was that this started to happen, I have photos for you to see the problem:
Captura de Pantalla 2020-12-09 a la(s) 07.18.17 a. m..png

Captura de Pantalla 2020-12-09 a la(s) 07.19.12 a. m..png

1607509196538.png

I would look to any application that deals with PDF documents have you installed recently. See if this application or even newly installed printer software changed the PDF icon?

When you right click on one of the PDF icons, select 'Get Info' from the list, what does it show as being the default application for opening this type of document.

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 16.59.17.png PDF > Get Info> Preview used as default application to open PDF.

What does yours show?

You can change the application used to open the PDF, you can select the 'Change All' button which should change the icon and set the newly selected application as the default for PDF docs.

Hi !
I have the same problem with some icons, especially folders icons.
My processor is a 4th gen core i3 with HD4400. I think it's not totally compatible with Big Sur (It works very well with Catalina).
Did you manage to solve your problem ?
Thanks

The HD4400 IGPU is not supported natively in any version of macOS, never mind Big Sur. You need to use a Fake ID so your HD4400 IGPU is seen as a HD4600 for it to work correctly in macOS.

The same Application reset process should work with your system, have you tried it?

You are correct about your CPU not being supported in Big Sur, it is an Early Haswell CPU, which normally works with the iMac 14,1, 14,2 or 14,3 SMBIOS.

The Haswell Refresh CPU's are supported in Big Sur, with the SMBIOS iMac 14,4 and 15,1. However, I don't expect them to be supported in the next major version of macOS due out in September/October 2021. Apple like to drop systems from their native support each year, and the Haswell Refresh CPU's are next in line for the axe, along with the Nvidia Kepler GPUs.

In OpenCore, with this patches the card is recognize and work with full acceleration.
It works like a charm with Catalina.
With Big Sur too, except sometimes, serval folders icons are curiously displayed (see screencap of anibalhendrixmusic)
For example, the download icon & the application icon, look like regular icons...

It's curious.

Capture d’écran 2021-03-08 à 22.28.10.png

That's the Framebuffer patch for a Broadwell IGPU.

You should be using the following patches, when you have a HD4400 IGPU driving the display:

Screenshot 2021-03-08 at 22.31.37.png

I have the same problem with some icons, especially folders icons.
This was also happening on a Haswell system for me. Big Sur 11.2.1. Installing the latest update 11.2.3 has fixed it on my hackintosh.

Good to know. I gonna try it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back