Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Inspiron 11 3153
CPU
i3-6100u
Graphics
HD 520
So, sleep has ultimately been my #1 problem so far. I don't have proof, but I believe it to be related to why my finder.app got corrupted (ended up having to reformat).

What happens is:

When I press sleep from menu, or close lid, the screen will turn off and the machine will look to be sleeping. The fans eventually spin down and it's quiet. When I open the lid back up, nothing happens. Lid stays dark. Nothing will wake the machine back up, not pressing the trackpad, not pressing the power button. The only way I can get back up and running is to hold the power button and fully shut the laptop off (which is what I think caused my Finder issues). Interestingly, I did notice if I press the caps lock key, it lights on and off. Id assume this shouldn't happen if the machine is sleeping.

So that leads me to the possibilities of

1)the laptop isn't really sleeping, but merely turning off the screen and not turning the screen back on when its reopened. The fans do spin down after 30-45 seconds, maybe its just coincidental.

2)the laptop is sleeping, but nothing is working to wake it back up.

I did check my DSDT, and I have a _WAK method in there, and in fact the DSDT I'm using was working just fine for sleep/wake in Mojave. Is anyone else having problems like this, or is there something wrong in my files?

Now, before you say it, YES I know my kexts are currently in Clover/Kexts/Other and nothing is in L/E. I will move the kexts over to L/E but I'm trying to stamp out problems on a non APFS partition first so if something goes wrong I can access it from windows without paid software. Prior to my Finder.app corrupting I did in fact move everything over to L/E with just essentials in Clover/Kexts/Other, but I still had sleep/wake issues even with the kexts in L/E.

Attachments

• debug_5285.zip
    6 MB · Views: 90
So, sleep has ultimately been my #1 problem so far. I don't have proof, but I believe it to be related to why my finder.app got corrupted (ended up having to reformat).

What happens is:

When I press sleep from menu, or close lid, the screen will turn off and the machine will look to be sleeping. The fans eventually spin down and it's quiet. When I open the lid back up, nothing happens. Lid stays dark. Nothing will wake the machine back up, not pressing the trackpad, not pressing the power button. The only way I can get back up and running is to hold the power button and fully shut the laptop off (which is what I think caused my Finder issues). Interestingly, I did notice if I press the caps lock key, it lights on and off. Id assume this shouldn't happen if the machine is sleeping.

So that leads me to the possibilities of

1)the laptop isn't really sleeping, but merely turning off the screen and not turning the screen back on when its reopened. The fans do spin down after 30-45 seconds, maybe its just coincidental.

2)the laptop is sleeping, but nothing is working to wake it back up.

I did check my DSDT, and I have a _WAK method in there, and in fact the DSDT I'm using was working just fine for sleep/wake in Mojave. Is anyone else having problems like this, or is there something wrong in my files?

Now, before you say it, YES I know my kexts are currently in Clover/Kexts/Other and nothing is in L/E. I will move the kexts over to L/E but I'm trying to stamp out problems on a non APFS partition first so if something goes wrong I can access it from windows without paid software. Prior to my Finder.app corrupting I did in fact move everything over to L/E with just essentials in Clover/Kexts/Other, but I still had sleep/wake issues even with the kexts in L/E.
you will need to run the terminal commands from here:

you will need to run the terminal commands from here:
getting the following:

Code:
brian@Brians-MacBook-Pro ~ % sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
rm: /var/vm/sleepimage: is a directory
brian@Brians-MacBook-Pro ~ % sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
mkdir: /var/vm/sleepimage: File exists
brian@Brians-MacBook-Pro ~ % sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
Warning: Idle sleep timings for "Battery Power" may not behave as expected.
- Disk sleep should be non-zero whenever system sleep is non-zero.
brian@Brians-MacBook-Pro ~ % sudo pmset -a standby 0
brian@Brians-MacBook-Pro ~ % sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Either way, seems to be sleeping and waking now. Ill give it some more testing but so far it seems to have done the trick.

Spoke too soon, apparently earlier it wasn't actually sleeping yet. After letting it sit for a few minutes, it will not wake up on lid open, trackpad press, or power button. Shutting down via power button is the only way to get it working again.

Attachments

• debug_6657.zip
    6 MB · Views: 87
Spoke too soon, apparently earlier it wasn't actually sleeping yet. After letting it sit for a few minutes, it will not wake up on lid open, trackpad press, or power button. Shutting down via power button is the only way to get it working again.
1. First issues i noticed is your wrong SSDT-UIAC configuration.
Your "HS05" (Camera), "HS07" (Touchscreen), "HS08" (Bluetooth) have "usb connector" hex: 3 (dec: 0x03) which is for USB3 and these need to have the value in hex: 255 for "internal" or in dec: 0xFF.
These are your first sleep issues that i noticed.

2. You also need to change SAT0 to SATA, you have the patch available on Clover Configurator in case you need it.
on config.plist /ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

3. You have VoodooI2C.kext, VoodooI2CHID.kext, VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext, while you don't need two satellite kexts.
Remove either VoodooI2CHID.kext or VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext (keep the one you need of these two).

4. Why GenericUSBXHCI.kext when you have supported Intel XHC series controller ?
Remove it.

Stopped checking there, get rid of these issues first then test.
If your issue does still persist, attach new "Problem Reporting" files.

Hello guys, I am having the same issues with sleep. I did what you guys recommend before.

Attachments

• debug_174.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 99
Hello guys, I am having the same issues with sleep. I did what you guys recommend before.
You seem to be using a patched DSDT into your EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched, that is the old way of patching, i would honestly recommend you to switch to hotpatch as it's much more versatile and doesn't cause you errors if you change a bios setting or do any upgrade etc.
Keep in mind that with patched DSDT, just a single bios configuration change, will change your memory address which breaks something with your setup, your patched DSDT will not be relevant anymore.
Can you list what patches have you added to DSDT so i can give you further suggestions ?

There are many issues with your setup:

You have so many wrong/unnecessary config.plist /DSDT/Patches:

1. Your laptop has ECDV and the only patch needed in your case is "change ECDV to EC"
Remove the followings:
- Change EC0 to EC
- Change H_EC to EC

2. Your laptop doesn't have HECI, MEI or IMEI defined somewhere on DSDT, WhateverGreen.kext does the automatic injection of IMEI device for you.
Remove the followings:
- Change HECI to IMEI
- Change MEI to IMEI

3. You are missing the proper Windows Emulation:
- Enable the "change OSID to XSID" and "change OSI to XOSI" patches.
- Add SSDT-XOSI into your EFI/Clover/ACPi/Patched
you can find all the necessary hotpatch SSDTs on Rehabman repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

4. You already have "change GFX0 to IGPU" and enabled but to cleanup your config.plist remove the two disabled patches completely as you never need them on your laptop:
- change PCI0.VID to IGPU #1 (Thinkpad)
- change PCI0.VID to IGPU #2 (Thinkpad)

5. You are lacking some needed config.plist /ACPI/DSDT/Fixes:
Your laptop has some non-zero Mutex declared objects on ACPI, you need to enable the "FixMutex" DSDT Fix.

6. Did you correctly disable the Nvidia GPU from your laptop ?
You need to disable it into ACPI level as it may be the direct cause of your sleep issues.
If you are not using the config.plist /Devices/AddProperties, then completely remove all of them.
You are using the APPL,GfxYTile from config.plist /Devices/AddProperties which is wrong, remove it as well.

7. Newer patching method uses the patching method of GPU, Audio and other device from config.plist /Devices/Properties
You have your IGPU at config.plist /Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)
You can add the AAPL,GfxYTile patch there as number and set value 1 which is the correct place to add the patch.

8. Your patched EDID is set on the wrong place, you injected it on a deprecated place for patching IGPU.
you should inject your edid at: config.plist /Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)
AAPL00,override-no-connect (data) : (your patched edid)
remove it from custom edid into Graphics section.
remove inject edid
remove inject intel

I stopped checking any further as this is a big list just for now, fix these issues and we can continue with the rest.

1. First issues i noticed is your wrong SSDT-UIAC configuration.
Your "HS05" (Camera), "HS07" (Touchscreen), "HS08" (Bluetooth) have "usb connector" hex: 3 (dec: 0x03) which is for USB3 and these need to have the value in hex: 255 for "internal" or in dec: 0xFF.
These are your first sleep issues that i noticed.

2. You also need to change SAT0 to SATA, you have the patch available on Clover Configurator in case you need it.
on config.plist /ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

3. You have VoodooI2C.kext, VoodooI2CHID.kext, VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext, while you don't need two satellite kexts.
Remove either VoodooI2CHID.kext or VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext (keep the one you need of these two).

4. Why GenericUSBXHCI.kext when you have supported Intel XHC series controller ?
Remove it.

Stopped checking there, get rid of these issues first then test.
If your issue does still persist, attach new "Problem Reporting" files.

i downgraded back to Mojave until Catalina is a bit more stable, but concerning what you found:

1. Didnt realize this, but can definitely give it a try.
2. Will update
3. I have the two satellite kexts per @ben9923 . VoodooI2CCHID.kext is for the touchscreen, VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext is for the touchpad.
4. This is a relic from when i first installed since Rehabmans guide said it might be needed. I can get rid of it though.

You seem to be using a patched DSDT into your EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched, that is the old way of patching, i would honestly recommend you to switch to hotpatch as it's much more versatile and doesn't cause you errors if you change a bios setting or do any upgrade etc.
Keep in mind that with patched DSDT, just a single bios configuration change, will change your memory address which breaks something with your setup, your patched DSDT will not be relevant anymore.
Can you list what patches have you added to DSDT so i can give you further suggestions ?

There are many issues with your setup:

You have so many wrong/unnecessary config.plist /DSDT/Patches:

1. Your laptop has ECDV and the only patch needed in your case is "change ECDV to EC"
Remove the followings:
- Change EC0 to EC
- Change H_EC to EC

2. Your laptop doesn't have HECI, MEI or IMEI defined somewhere on DSDT, WhateverGreen.kext does the automatic injection of IMEI device for you.
Remove the followings:
- Change HECI to IMEI
- Change MEI to IMEI

3. You are missing the proper Windows Emulation:
- Enable the "change OSID to XSID" and "change OSI to XOSI" patches.
- Add SSDT-XOSI into your EFI/Clover/ACPi/Patched
you can find all the necessary hotpatch SSDTs on Rehabman repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

4. You already have "change GFX0 to IGPU" and enabled but to cleanup your config.plist remove the two disabled patches completely as you never need them on your laptop:
- change PCI0.VID to IGPU #1 (Thinkpad)
- change PCI0.VID to IGPU #2 (Thinkpad)

5. You are lacking some needed config.plist /ACPI/DSDT/Fixes:
Your laptop has some non-zero Mutex declared objects on ACPI, you need to enable the "FixMutex" DSDT Fix.

6. Did you correctly disable the Nvidia GPU from your laptop ?
You need to disable it into ACPI level as it may be the direct cause of your sleep issues.
If you are not using the config.plist /Devices/AddProperties, then completely remove all of them.
You are using the APPL,GfxYTile from config.plist /Devices/AddProperties which is wrong, remove it as well.

7. Newer patching method uses the patching method of GPU, Audio and other device from config.plist /Devices/Properties
You have your IGPU at config.plist /Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)
You can add the AAPL,GfxYTile patch there as number and set value 1 which is the correct place to add the patch.

8. Your patched EDID is set on the wrong place, you injected it on a deprecated place for patching IGPU.
you should inject your edid at: config.plist /Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)
AAPL00,override-no-connect (data) : (your patched edid)
remove it from custom edid into Graphics section.
remove inject edid
remove inject intel

I stopped checking any further as this is a big list just for now, fix these issues and we can continue with the rest.

Thanks @Sniki for your reply and help.

These are the patches that I applied to my DSDT

1. "HPET Fix"
2. "SMBUS Fix"
3. "IRQ Fix"
4. "RTC Fix"
5. "Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
6. "USB3 _PRW 0x6D Skylake (instant wake)"
7. "OS check fix (Windows 10)"
8. "[Controllers] I2C Controllers [SKL]"
9. "[GPIO] GPIO Controller Enable [SKL+]"
10. "Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"

I already did everything that you mentioned in your last reply. I left my DSDT with the patches that I had applied before. I will use ACPI/DSDT/Fixes instead of the old way.

I have attached a new debug file.

Attachments

• debug_711.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back