- May 20, 2010
- Asus Maximus VII Impact
- Core i7-4770K
- RX 560 + HD4600
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Your Audio ID:1 (layout-id: 1), Audio ID 3 is for HD3000/HD4000 HDMI audio. No edit to the hdef_audio_id_1.txt file was required. Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 1. Compile, save, install (Finder or MultiBeast).I have given this a go but ended up in a worse situation that before (nothing a quick install does't solve)
Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext. Run MultiBeast 5.1.3 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC892
I have seen something about a bug in MultiBeast deleting FakeSMC.kext and not replacing the kext. Don't select the UserDSDT option in MultiBeast (I believe that caused the no boot). Install FakeSMC.kext with MultiBeast.
Verify the edited dsdt is installed in Extra/dsdt.aml.
The guide was prepared before the ML AppleHDA.kexts were available. As noted above, use MultiBeast (Download was for the Alpha ML AppleHDAs, no longer current).
Revised (the painless approach):
1. I Extract my DSDT from mobo.
2. Apply 'Fix Errors'. Open ami_clean_compile.txt and apply. Compile, no errors
3. I open the hdef_audio_id_1.txt file
4. I patch the DSDT with the hdef_audio_id_1.txt file.
5. Compile & Verify, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 is now in my DSDT file.
6. Copy new DSDT to /Extra
6a. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext
7. Run MultiBeast and select Audio, With DSDT, 892 & install.
8. Edit org.chameleon.boot.plist to use PCIRootUID=0 and -v then Reboot.