Contribute
Register

Help me decipher -v output. Almost there but slow boot up at 1 point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached is an updated Folder with Pre & Post dmesg outputs (done correctly this time) as well as screenshots of disk utilities findings SC1 is after initial MultiBeast Install (UserDSDT, Trim, FakeSMC) and SC2 is after audio install.
Booting with UniBeast USB installed for a "normal boot" is not recommended. Did all the extensions show loading during the verbose boot after audio was installed? Did you have the same delay as before?

Answered my own query inserted -v in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Attached is the current output(current boot, SSD only inserted) from dmesg

Also attached is an image of the boot sequemce prior to dmesg be active. I no longer have the 0,1 and 1,2 appearing.

However the lond delay and temporary freeze is still occouring.

Kind Regards.

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpg
    IMG_1114.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Current.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 68
Booting with UniBeast USB installed for a "normal boot" is not recommended. Did all the extensions show loading during the verbose boot after audio was installed? Did you have the same delay as before?

Now booting without the UniBeast USB and I no longer have the extensions loading during verbose boot. Up until now I have always left the USB in, it looks to have been causing those to load, no idea how mind you.

Currently when booting in Verbose mode I have no extensions loading. See previous post for images & text file.

All issues are still occouring.

Currently when booting in Verbose mode I have no extensions loading. See previous post for images & text file.

All issues are still occouring.
I'm surprised you did not notice improved boot time; loading all kexts can take a lot of time relative to normal boots.

Another experiment: remove S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext, repair permissions and cache and restart. Reply with boot log and issues and IOReg. Note, there will be no audio devices. After the experiment, reinstall audio as before.

I'm surprised you did not notice improved boot time; loading all kexts can take a lot of time relative to normal boots.

Another experiment: remove S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext, repair permissions and cache and restart. Reply with boot log and issues and IOReg. Note, there will be no audio devices. After the experiment, reinstall audio as before.

It was around 2-4 seconds quicker, nothing significant. On my screen they would fill 2, possibly 3 screens before moving on in the boot sequence, it happened very quickly so no significant sped up.

Attached is the updated IOReg, Image of pre dmesg data and dmesg output. After deleting the HDAEnabler kext, the boot time is very quick indeed and the Keyboard & Mouse temporary freeze issue is gone, instant use.

Dan.

Attachments

• After HDAEnabler Delete.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
Attached is the updated IOReg, Image of pre dmesg data and dmesg output. After deleting the HDAEnabler kext, the boot time is very quick indeed and the Keyboard & Mouse temporary freeze issue is gone, instant use.
Two options:
1. dsdt/HDEF injection - a. Extract dsdt - [GUIDE] Creating your own DSDT for most boards and b. Add HDEF - ML: How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF
2. HDAEnabler - reinstall MultiBeast 5.1.3 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC892

Going for the DSDT option. I have extracted a vanilla DSDT for my mobo using DSDT Editor. However when I compile it I get quite a few errors & warnings. Is this something you can continue to help me with?

I read numerous threads about errors and there was information suggesting I simply delete the lines, alter letters for numbers etc. The information was rather inconsistent. Do you have a guide I can follow for error correction?

Also there is no patch for my board so it looks as if I need to make one/create one. As my issue is only with audio I am thinking I only need to add an audio patch?

Many Thanks.

Dan.

Attachments

• MSI Z77MA-G45.zip
    25.3 KB · Views: 70
Going for the DSDT option. I have extracted a vanilla DSDT for my mobo using DSDT Editor. However when I compile it I get quite a few errors & warnings. Is this something you can continue to help me with?
Use the attached patch file with DSDT Editor.

Attachments

• ami_clean_compile.txt.zip
    1 KB · Views: 85
I have given this a go but ended up in a worse situation that before (nothing a quick install does't solve)

1. I Extract my DSDT from mobo.
2. Apply the patch you provided, this clears all but 2 issues, one is about capital letters only, so I edit these and it clears and the other requires buffer and 'Fix Errors' sorts that one.
3. I open the hdef_audio_id_1.txt file and edit in 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 as this is the layout I require (i believe). Save File.
4. I patch the DSDT with the hdef_audio_id_1.txt file.
5. Compile & Verify, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 is now in my DSDT file.
6. Copy new DSDT to /Extra
7. Run MultiBeast and select UserDSDT or DSDTFree Installation, Audio, With DSDT, 892 & install.
8. Edit org.chameleon.boot.plist to use PCIRootUID=0 and -v then Reboot.
9. Fails to boot with error Failed to locate SMC driver and ConsiderRebuildOfPreLinkedKernel.

Have i missed something? In your instructions below, I am confused by Copy/Downloads/ML_AppleHDA-..../AppleHDA.kext to Desktop

Install ML//Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC 8xx
1. MultiBeast (When Available)
2. Download see
a. Copy/Downloads/ML_AppleHDA-..../AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
b. KextBeast

Kind Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back