Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus h310m
CPU
i3 7100
Graphics
gt 710
Im planning to build hackintosh, Im not into gaming but in daily driver like work, browsing, no edting staff, so im thinking i5 10400 is my best choice, but im not sure which motherboard would best fit to this, could you me help decide which motherboard to buy? Thank you

Im planning to build hackintosh, Im not into gaming but in daily driver like work, browsing, no edting staff, so im thinking i5 10400 is my best choice, but im not sure which motherboard would best fit to this, could you me help decide which motherboard to buy? Thank you

Hi there and welcome.

May I point out the obvious?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/building-a-customac-hackintosh-the-ultimate-buyers-guide/

Use that as a costing tool then head over to the User Builds or Golden Builds forums to check if anyone else has used the same.

:)

so only z490’s motherboard will fit to my i5 10400? I’ve watched some videos on youtube that they work on 410 boards but im not sure that’s why im here thank you:)

1. Comet Lake CPU's will work with any 400-Series Intel motherboards including Z490/Q470/H470/B460/H410.
  2. The more expensive Z490's will have been the choice of many Hackintosh users, followed by the H470 & B460 boards.
  3. The Q470 boards will probably be found in pre-built systems, less likely to be available through retail outlets.
  4. The less functional H410 boards should work, but may require more input and research on your part.
  5. The 400-Series motherboard may be in limited supply, as the latest release is the 600-series chipset, so the 400-series are at least 2 years older than the current boards.
  6. You need to look at the specifications of the board you are interested in, check it has the components & connectors etc. you need for your anticipated workload.
  7. How many M.2 connectors are available on a given board, does that match with the number of NVMe drives you will be using?
  8. Check that the board will fit in the case you are proposing to use.
The choice of board will then be limited by market availability and cost.

Thank you, So maybe i'll go with z490 or 470 thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back