Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z170x gaming 7
CPU
I7 6700k
Graphics
Evga 980ti
I am presently cloning my start up with CCC to a new ssd that I want to make my main drive and use my old as a back up.

I know I need to copy over efi stuff.

I have 10 sata drives connected and when I open efi mounter 9 drives show up. How do I know which is my start up efi partition and which is my new cloned drive efi partition?

Can I just use multibeast to do the copying or just install the bootloader onto the cloned drive?

I am really struggling with this. I made a hackintosh 5 years ago and just haven't messed with it so I forgot what I am doing.

I searched for the last hour and read through threads wanting me to things that are too complicated for me. I am not installing windows in order to install some cloning software. I am not messing with terminal or tinkering with anyones shells or scripts or whatever or anything like that. Just tell me the simple steps to do this.

If I have to start over and manually create a efi partition before using CCC i will. I just need to know what to do.

Oh my god I think I can do this. Just found efi agent. Once the clone is done I am copying the folder over and crossing my fingers. Really hope this turns out to be a waste of a post.

This did not work.

I have CCC and efi agent. How do I use these two to make a working clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back