Contribute
Register

Help - Mavericks install HP Envy 17-J037CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan.

Also I went to bios system and change to EFI mode and wont read usb at all so I changed back to Legacy mode then usb work. Right now I dont have any Windows on my hard drive and just plain. Do I have to format to Fat 32 or what on current hard drive?

You must enable legacy boot, disable secure boot to boot the legacy bootloader on the USB (Chimera).

But you must also patch the kernel -- see my previous message.

Rehabman,

Are you using 2 usb or 1 usb with clover? Or must be one usb for clover and one for 10.9 with unibeast? Can you explain me what I suppose to do?

Rehabman,

I did follow what you gave me the link and I made the 2 boots on one usb and boot up my laptop and wont pass the White Apple screen it keep back to reboot. So What next? I am not MAC person. I need help to fix this problem to make pass the white apple screen to OS.

Rehabman,

I did follow what you gave me the link and I made the 2 boots on one usb and boot up my laptop and wont pass the White Apple screen it keep back to reboot. So What next? I am not MAC person. I need help to fix this problem to make pass the white apple screen to OS.

Which config.plist did you use? What version of Clover? Where does it reboot? Use verbose boot to determine. Are you certain you're doing a UEFI boot into Clover?

Which config.plist did you use? What version of Clover? Where does it reboot? Use verbose boot to determine. Are you certain you're doing a UEFI boot into Clover?

Clover = Clover EFI v2k R2671

I did -V and showed a lot of black and white word without any error then after it done wont boot up to APPLE screen.

I did use Clover boot up on usb then pick EFI USB to run clover with EFI that work but something block me to enter operation system while white screen with apple then reboot itself.

I got Config.plist from tonymac website that you gave me the link to make the usb boot for clover. There is attachment file on the bottom that where I got from.

Clover = Clover EFI v2k R2671

I did -V and showed a lot of black and white word without any error then after it done wont boot up to APPLE screen.

I did use Clover boot up on usb then pick EFI USB to run clover with EFI that work but something block me to enter operation system while white screen with apple then reboot itself.

I got Config.plist from tonymac website that you gave me the link to make the usb boot for clover. There is attachment file on the bottom that where I got from.

There is a config.plist at my repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch

It needs smbios (MacBookPro11,2) added, of course.

Make sure you are installing for Clover UEFI (CloverEFI is a legacy bootloader, not the same as Clover UEFI).

Also, use spacebar at clover screen to get to the menu, then choose verbose boot. Try to determine what the last line displayed is. Use a video camera or the camera on your phone so you can go frame-by-frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back