Contribute
Register

Help - Mavericks install HP Envy 17-J037CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP Envy Touchsmart 17-J037CL

specs infos: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03866897&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

and

What kind boot do you use while install OSX and I did put in my usb and it wont read it. So, Do I have to formatting the hard drive as fat32 or what? Cuz I had windows 7 on it already and I did make second partition for OSX but I need to know how to do boot and usb first before I go ahead boot up with usb. I do know how to boot up in start up but usb wont read.

Thanks,
vinellis

Read post #29 carefully. "in your profile"

Done edited my infos then what next?

Can you put all the info how to install Mac OS X on HP Envy 17-J037CL cuz I had same one. Please? I tired to install Mac OS X 10.6.1-10.6.2 for AMD or Intel cpu but got panic error by Voodoo Kernel. Can you explain how you got all through works. I have Mavericks OS but I cant get burn on DVD from Win 7.

Start with this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

You will need to patch the mach_kernel. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

Snow Leopard (10.6) does not support your system (Haswell). Only ML 10.8.5 and Mavericks. Not to mention that 10.6.1 and 10.6.2 are not available from Apple.

Thank you for infos but one problem, I dont have any Mac system or laptop. I only have PC with Windows 7. Is there other way to make boot usb on windows 7?

Thank you for infos but one problem, I dont have any Mac system or laptop. I only have PC with Windows 7. Is there other way to make boot usb on windows 7?

You will need to borrow a Mac, or attempt to install Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (will have to start with genuine Apple DVD for 10.6 or 10.6.3) using iBoot Haswell along with working Ethernet so you can access the Mac App Store.

Obviously, it is easier to borrow access a friend/family's Mac..

Hello RehabMan,

I just brought Late 2012 IMac with 10.9.3 from Craigslist and I will go ahead burn Mavericks on usb soon. Hopefully everything goes good and if not then I will update with you...

Hello RehabMan,

I just brought Late 2012 IMac with 10.9.3 from Craigslist and I will go ahead burn Mavericks on usb soon. Hopefully everything goes good and if not then I will update with you...

OK... happy hacking!

Hello Rehabman,

I did burn UniBeast on usb with 10.9 and tried boot up my laptop and wont go through while pop up white with apple then loop reboot back to Chimera 2.2.1 r2248. I did tried enter code for Graphicsenable=yes and no and other code too but nothing work. I just formatted hard drive to install mac on this hard drive full then I ll make other partition for win 7 later. How that guy made through installed on same laptop what I had.

Hello Rehabman,

I did burn UniBeast on usb with 10.9 and tried boot up my laptop and wont go through while pop up white with apple then loop reboot back to Chimera 2.2.1 r2248. I did tried enter code for Graphicsenable=yes and no and other code too but nothing work. I just formatted hard drive to install mac on this hard drive full then I ll make other partition for win 7 later. How that guy made through installed on same laptop what I had.

See second link in post #33.

RehabMan.

Also I went to bios system and change to EFI mode and wont read usb at all so I changed back to Legacy mode then usb work. Right now I dont have any Windows on my hard drive and just plain. Do I have to format to Fat 32 or what on current hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back