Contribute
Register

Help - Mavericks install HP Envy 17-J037CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks again for your suggestions. I don't have a screen photo because I got it working...to a point.

I reinstalled everything from scratch and then launched the Mac partition using the bootflags you suggested.

I now get the Welcome...in just a few short steps..." screen

It looks like the VoodooPS2Controller.kext isn't applied on the mac partition. This is my guess since my keyboard and mouse (which were working during the USB install process) are not working at all anymore.

Am I supposed to copy the Voodoo kext from the USB to the Mac partition (like I did for mach_kernel)?

Should I do something else?

ps: I updated my profiles to include hardware specs.

Cheers,

-I

thanks again for your suggestions. I don't have a screen photo because I got it working...to a point.

I reinstalled everything from scratch and then launched the Mac partition using the bootflags you suggested.

I now get the Welcome...in just a few short steps..." screen

It looks like the VoodooPS2Controller.kext isn't applied on the mac partition. This is my guess since my keyboard and mouse (which were working during the USB install process) are not working at all anymore.

Am I supposed to copy the Voodoo kext from the USB to the Mac partition (like I did for mach_kernel)?

Should I do something else?

ps: I updated my profiles to include hardware specs.

Cheers,

-I

You need to install ps2 kexts (using Multibeast or using Kext Wizard, etc.). In a vanilla install, those kexts are not included (because Apple computers don't need them).

I assume you have Synaptics: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Thanks for your reply. It's appreciated.

How/where do I intervene to do that? I can't get past the welcome screen since I don't have a mouse or keyboard identified. And I tried to run kextwizard via Terminal in the UBS install but bash doesn't seem to like the "open" command. What's the process for running either kextwizard or multi-beast?

thx,

-I

Thanks for your reply. It's appreciated.

How/where do I intervene to do that? I can't get past the welcome screen since I don't have a mouse or keyboard identified. And I tried to run kextwizard via Terminal in the UBS install but bash doesn't seem to like the "open" command. What's the process for running either kextwizard or multi-beast?

thx,

-I

If you created your Unibeast USB with "Laptop Support" the keyboard/trackpad usually works. If it does not, use a USB keyboard/mouse.

RacerRehabman,

Unfortunately, I'd created my USB stick using the guide on InsanelyMac. I couldn't muster the fortitude to start from scratch with UB after being so tantalizingly close to a solid, bootable build. So I took your advice and just attached a USB keyboard I had lying around and finished up the install. Then it was easy to kext my way through the remaining particulars. Results are VERY encouraging.

At the moment, I'm stuck at Network Connectivity. It seems my Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 just won't work on OSX (per the musings of others who have journeyed in fruitless pursuit before me). But the absence of "kexes" seems to prove them out.

You'd think venerable ethernet would work(Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller )... but while Realtek has a driver on their site for OSX Lion, it doesn't seem to do anything for Mavericks. No dice.

Any suggestions from the community are welcomed. I guess at worst I could order a USB wireless USB from the net and go with that... It'd be nice to get it all working neatly though.

Thanks,

-I

RacerRehabman,

Unfortunately, I'd created my USB stick using the guide on InsanelyMac. I couldn't muster the fortitude to start from scratch with UB after being so tantalizingly close to a solid, bootable build. So I took your advice and just attached a USB keyboard I had lying around and finished up the install. Then it was easy to kext my way through the remaining particulars. Results are VERY encouraging.

At the moment, I'm stuck at Network Connectivity. It seems my Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 just won't work on OSX (per the musings of others who have journeyed in fruitless pursuit before me). But the absence of "kexes" seems to prove them out.

You'd think venerable ethernet would work(Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller )... but while Realtek has a driver on their site for OSX Lion, it doesn't seem to do anything for Mavericks. No dice.

Any suggestions from the community are welcomed. I guess at worst I could order a USB wireless USB from the net and go with that... It'd be nice to get it all working neatly though.

Thanks,

-I

The best Realtek GBe kext around is Mieze's RealtekRTL8111.kext.

RacerRehabman,

Thank you - Meize's Realtek kext worked brilliantly. What a godsend to get downloads directly on the machine.

The graphics on the 17 inch HP screen are *nice* btw.

Boot0 GSP & Test errors are preventing boot-up from the HDD directly though.

From searching the forums this looks to be a common problem with several possible work arounds.

Could I trouble you for your feedback on this issue and possibly even a recommendation?

I'm using the Chameleon bootloader at the moment.

Thanks,

-I

RacerRehabman,

Thank you - Meize's Realtek kext worked brilliantly. What a godsend to get downloads directly on the machine.

The graphics on the 17 inch HP screen are *nice* btw.

Boot0 GSP & Test errors are preventing boot-up from the HDD directly though.

From searching the forums this looks to be a common problem with several possible work arounds.

Could I trouble you for your feedback on this issue and possibly even a recommendation?

I'm using the Chameleon bootloader at the moment.

Thanks,

-I

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

RacerRehabman, Once again thank you. The link provided the correct instructions on how to resolve my Boot0 GSP/Test problem. For the sake of anyone who might read this in the future, I would recommend trying the final steps in the link above (5 through 8) before re-doing 1 through 4. I went the 5—8 route and was done in a couple of minutes. Solved my boot0 errors totally. Those steps are: 5. Run Disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS Lion on. 6. Launch Terminal and execute the following command: dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2 7. Exit Terminal 8. Reboot Normally I can safely say that I have a fully working Hackintosh on my HP Envy 17-J037CL laptop. Woo-Hoo! I really appreciate all the help. Truly. -I

RacerRehabman, Once again thank you. The link provided the correct instructions on how to resolve my Boot0 GSP/Test problem. For the sake of anyone who might read this in the future, I would recommend trying the final steps in the link above (5 through 8) before re-doing 1 through 4. I went the 5—8 route and was done in a couple of minutes. Solved my boot0 errors totally. Those steps are: 5. Run Disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS Lion on. 6. Launch Terminal and execute the following command: dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2 7. Exit Terminal 8. Reboot Normally I can safely say that I have a fully working Hackintosh on my HP Envy 17-J037CL laptop. Woo-Hoo! I really appreciate all the help. Truly. -I

Note: Steps 1-3 are review (by the time you discover the boot0 problem, you've already done them).

Step 4 is mandatory. You must boot into the OS X installer to run the Terminal commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back