i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed the guide on insanelymac...Chameleon boots ok on the laptop and I get a choice of OSX base System, Windows, and Recovery.

I choose OSX base. The apple logo shows up briefly, and then the whole thing just reboots from scratch again. I tried the -x switch but same thing happens. I've read in other posts that I might need to patch mach_kernel but I'm a hopeless noob and have no idea how to even begin doing that. Better if I had a pre-patched one to download...

My base MAC install is from a Macbook Pro 6,2.

Laptop runs on Haswell CPU i7-4700MQ. Already has windows 8 on it.

Any help is appreciated.

-I

I followed the guide on insanelymac...Chameleon boots ok on the laptop and I get a choice of OSX base System, Windows, and Recovery.

I choose OSX base. The apple logo shows up briefly, and then the whole thing just reboots from scratch again. I tried the -x switch but same thing happens. I've read in other posts that I might need to patch mach_kernel but I'm a hopeless noob and have no idea how to even begin doing that. Better if I had a pre-patched one to download...

My base MAC install is from a Macbook Pro 6,2.

Laptop runs on Haswell CPU i7-4700MQ. Already has windows 8 on it.

Any help is appreciated.

-I

I'll beat RehabMan too it but basically go to this link
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

it should explain how to do it, if it doesn't just go to your usb installer, there should be mach_kernel located there if you can't see it google "ShowAllFiles" and it should work. Then copy the mach_kernel to your desktop. Open your terminal from Applications->Utilities and cd ~/Desktop. Then apply the patches by pasting those lines in the terminal only the ones with 10.9 on them if your using mavericks. After this is complete re copy the mach_kernel back to your usb and I believe that should work.

Ok that did it - and now my Install is starting to take shape. New problem.

When it comes time for me to "Select the Disk where you want to install OS X", it only sees my USB drive. That's my only choice.

Also, it doesn't seem to see my laptop keyboard.

Mouse doesn't work.

Anything I can do by way of Kext files or human sacrifice??

Thanks again,

-I

I tried the installation again but this time took out the -x bootflag but left in the -f flag. Now it sees my disks.

The laptop already has windows 8 on it however. And it says "OS X can''t be installed on a disk with the Windows NT File system (NTFS) format.

There doesn't appear to be a "f**k Win8, install anyway" option...

Any help is appreciated.

-I

Did you format your disk using Disk Utility?

I got the other stuff working.

But... I have one problem at this point. After copying the FakeSMC, NullCPU..., and mach_kernel back over to the HDD, I tried booting up the MacOS partition I'd created and I just get the Apple logo and the little circle thingy just keeps turning and turning (30 minutes at this point). No hard disk drive light activity or anything.

Not sure what to do at this point.

Suggestions are welcomed. Thanks for everyone's feedback thus far.

My boot up freezes and in looking at the verbose output, I've noticed that I've got "boot cache control... unable to open..." messages.

There are SMC errors also. See red highlighted sections in the jpg screen photo... Any suggestions are welcomed.

hackintosh_errors.jpg

Thanks to everyone for all their help thus far.

-I

I got the other stuff working.

But... I have one problem at this point. After copying the FakeSMC, NullCPU..., and mach_kernel back over to the HDD, I tried booting up the MacOS partition I'd created and I just get the Apple logo and the little circle thingy just keeps turning and turning (30 minutes at this point). No hard disk drive light activity or anything.

Not sure what to do at this point.

Suggestions are welcomed. Thanks for everyone's feedback thus far.

It is probably a graphics issue. You need to set your ig-platform-id for your Intel integrated graphics. IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0 (install Chameleon).

Also, please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried booting with flags you related.

The bootcachecontrol msgs are gone now.

I still get the SMC ERRORs and it freezes shortly thereafter. Like this one: smcReadKeyAction ERROR LsNM kSMCKeyNotFound(0x84)

See screenshot below for fuller details.

hackintosh_msgs_II.jpg

What else might I try?

-I

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried booting with flags you related.

The bootcachecontrol msgs are gone now.

I still get the SMC ERRORs and it freezes shortly thereafter. Like this one: smcReadKeyAction ERROR LsNM kSMCKeyNotFound(0x84)

See screenshot below for fuller details.

View attachment 88057

What else might I try?

-I

Post a quality photo of the entire screen. Unless you know what you're doing, you can't predict the important parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back