Contribute
Register

#Help Mavericks 10.9.1 Reboots after loading kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus-Z170K
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Mavericks 10.9.1 Reboots after loading kexts but Windows 8.1 boots fine, used chameleon and chimera. Help me fixing Mavericks's boot please.

Mavericks 10.9.1 Reboots after loading kexts but Windows 8.1 boots fine, used chameleon and chimera. Help me fixing Mavericks's boot please.
Have tried booting in safe mode? What does it do in verbose? try the boot flags -x - v - f at the chimera boot screen and see what it does.

when i -v -x -f it, it show 'system uptime in nanoseconds'

tried many flags nothing happen, it just restarts after loading kexts for 20second.
I tried a dual boot with windows 7 on the same drive and it was doing something similar and I eventually had to flash the bios to get it to stop it had something to do with some settings windows made and stored in memory during installation. Good luck

I tried a dual boot with windows 7 on the same drive and it was doing something similar and I eventually had to flash the bios to get it to stop it had something to do with some settings windows made and stored in memory during installation. Good luck

You mean, you updated BIOS.?

You mean, you updated BIOS.?
No I mean clearing the cmos google your specific motherboard and clearing cmos instructions it will reset all bios setting to default and clear the memory reset your bios setting sata to AHCI and attempt to reboot what kind of motherboard is it I'll google it for
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00864946&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en#N495
thiis how to do it on my specific board you move that blue jumper to pins 1&2 for 20 seconds then move it back restart the machine and reset all custom bios settings

Try with DropSSDT=Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back