Contribute
Register

[help] macOS won't boot (turns into blackscreen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use my own EFI and the system is working fine if I boot in VESA graphics mode. I just took the video patch from your EFI and tested them out.

Yeah I just tested the video patch there. My EFI is cleaner than that.

I just went ahead and tested all possible combinations:

All bus id to 0 except con0, set type to HDMI and then tested one by one busid from 1 to 6.
All bus id to 0 except con1, set type to HDMI and then tested one by one busid from 1 to 6.
All bus id to 0 except con2, set type to HDMI and then tested one by one busid from 1 to 6.

View attachment 525154

Never got it to work....... I guess you are right.. Comet Lake UHD 630 will not work in a 500 series board

True, sadly. What's more I checked all connector values too.

True, sadly. What's more I checked all connector values too.

If I was able to get a Gigabyte 5600 XT Windforce 6GB, would I be good to go or I am supposed to stick with 5500 or 5700 only (which are unavailable near me)?

If I was able to get a Gigabyte 5600 XT Windforce 6GB, would I be good to go or I am supposed to stick with 5500 or 5700 only (which are unavailable near me)?

A quick Site Search shows results are about 50 / 50.

I haven't tried one myself so I would advise you read-up on any possible problems. These GPUs are still a lot of money.

I use my own EFI and the system is working fine if I boot in VESA graphics mode. I just took the video patch from your EFI and tested them out.

Yeah I just tested the video patch there. My EFI is cleaner than that.

I just went ahead and tested all possible combinations:

All bus id to 0 except con0, set type to HDMI and then tested one by one busid from 1 to 6.
All bus id to 0 except con1, set type to HDMI and then tested one by one busid from 1 to 6.
All bus id to 0 except con2, set type to HDMI and then tested one by one busid from 1 to 6.

View attachment 525154
Never got it to work....... I guess you are right.. Comet Lake UHD 630 will not work in a 500 series board
Have you had a look at Ohchang’s Z590 Comet Lake build? > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ohchangs-build-gigabyte-z590-vision-g-i7-10700k-amd-rx580.310986/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back