Contribute
Register

[help] macOS won't boot (turns into blackscreen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't use graphic card for macOS ( 2080ti is installed for Windows but I do know it isn't supported by macOS. I already added -wegnoegpu in boot-args) and I want to use UHD630.
But the card may still interfere during the installation of MacOS Big Sur. I would suggest temporarily removing the card (and disconnect any Windows disks) before trying to install Big Sur.

If and when you successfully install Big Sur and configure it to work, then put back the card to see what happens.

Well, I already installed Big Sur in my drive. My Z390 MB had gone but there are no LGA1151 MB anymore, so I bought B560 and i7 10700.
I haven't expected it would be so hard...

Well, I already installed Big Sur in my drive. My Z390 MB had gone but there are no LGA1151 MB anymore, so I bought B560 and i7 10700. I haven't expected it would be so hard...
I don't know where you live, but on Amazon US there are still a number of LGA 1151 (Coffee Lake) motherboards available (may not be Z390 but still works with 8th or 9th generation CPUs) :
Gigabyte H370M-DS3H : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BQ9XQPP/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
Gigabyte B365M-DS3H : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T6N8N56/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
Asus B365M-A : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q29M7Z8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
Asus Z390-A : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HCY7K9L/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

10th generation Intel CPUs and the corresponding motherboards are quite different from the previous 8th / 9th generation CPUs and motherboard when considering MacOS compatibility. They only work with OpenCore as bootloader and not plain old Clover (before version 5124).

Well, I already installed Big Sur in my drive. My Z390 MB had gone but there are no LGA1151 MB anymore, so I bought B560 and i7 10700.

Why not check User Builds to see if there is anything there to help you?

Agreed with previous comments, perhaps pull the RTX until up and running. Maybe just disconnecting the power cable will be enough (not sure).

:)

Okay drmcman, I've done some changes and made a slightly different EFI folder from one of my working Z490 builds.
This should work and has been confirmed by others (using OC 0.6.5. and CFL spoof). Give it a try with Catalina or Big Sur. Make sure Above 4G Decoding is enabled in BIOS.

Attachments

• drmcman-EFI-catalina-6.5-fixed.zip
    13.8 MB · Views: 75
Hi :)
I bought ASUS B560m-Plus Wi-fi and Core 17 10700. But Big Sur won't boot. Please help...

I found EFI here but Config.plist doesn't work.
https://github.com/JoveYu/ASUS-TUF-GAMING-B560M-PLUS-WIFI-EFI

So I followed this guide to create a Config.plist (I used AMLs in JoveYu's EFI!)... And the result is shown in the pic. After that, display turns into blackscreen.
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/comet-lake.html

I would be very happy if someone could help me to start my machine. Thanks.

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700
MB: ASUS TUF GAMING B560M-PLUS WIFI
Graphic: UHD630

Have you ever figured out? Having the same motherboard and I can't get it to work.

Okay drmcman, I've done some changes and made a slightly different EFI folder from one of my working Z490 builds.
This should work and has been confirmed by others (using OC 0.6.5. and CFL spoof). Give it a try with Catalina or Big Sur. Make sure Above 4G Decoding is enabled in BIOS.

Just tested and it isn't working. Still blackscreening

Just tested and it isn't working. Still blackscreening
Alright. Try this EFI. I've added in the SSDT-RHUB for ASUS boards plus made some changes to the Kernel settings to ones I know that work with 400 & 500 series boards. Try it with Catalina first.

Attachments

• drmcman-EFI-catalina-6.5-fixed RHUB.zip
    13.8 MB · Views: 41
Alright. Try this EFI. I've added in the SSDT-RHUB for ASUS boards plus made some changes to the Kernel settings to ones I know that work with 400 & 500 series boards. Try it with Catalina first.

Just a couple of thoughts on the latest:

1) No need for XhciPortLimit Quirk if you are using USBInjectAll.kext and SSDT-UIAC.aml

2) Audio Id is confusing - 2x alcid's in the NVRAM boot-commands, 1 & 66; then there's "07000000" in the DeviceProperties. (Also, less important, 2x verbose toggles in NVRAM too).

(P.S - I continue to suggest that a Comet Lake UHD630 in a 500-series board will not give accelerated display output).

I use my own EFI and the system is working fine if I boot in VESA graphics mode. I just took the video patch from your EFI and tested them out.

Just a couple of thoughts on the latest:

1) No need for XhciPortLimit Quirk if you are using USBInjectAll.kext and SSDT-UIAC.aml

2) Audio Id is confusing - 2x alcid's in the NVRAM boot-commands, 1 & 66; then there's "07000000" in the DeviceProperties. (Also, less important, 2x verbose toggles in NVRAM too).

(P.S - I continue to suggest that a Comet Lake UHD630 in a 500-series board will not give accelerated display output).

Yeah I just tested the video patch there. My EFI is cleaner than that.

I just went ahead and tested all possible combinations:

All bus id to 0 except con0, set type to HDMI and then tested one by one busid from 1 to 6.
All bus id to 0 except con1, set type to HDMI and then tested one by one busid from 1 to 6.
All bus id to 0 except con2, set type to HDMI and then tested one by one busid from 1 to 6.

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 8.55.03 AM.png

Never got it to work....... I guess you are right.. Comet Lake UHD 630 will not work in a 500 series board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back