• Bluetooth
  • HDMI port
  • Sound
  • All USB2 ports
  • All USB3 port
  • Ethernet (RTL8168)
Not working:
  • Hibernate and Standby
The computer goes into standby mode, but cannot get out of it by pressing the power button or using the keyboard! It starts rebooting! How to fix it! I don't have global knowledge in this area, posting my EFI OS. Help me!

Attachments

• EFI.OptiPlex3080.Monterey.r5.zip
    40.4 MB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Do you have success from that time? I tried everything from dortania guide and from forums. Still without results. The system works pretty well but sleep is frustrating.

@alexeyalicante where are you with the optiplex 3080 micro hackintosh?

Can you post an updated EFI?

What bios settings did you change?

your efi is lit.

tested on my op3080µ:
i5 10500t
8gib 2666mhz single channel
uhd 630
KBG40ZNS256G NVMe KIOXIA 256GB

everything works but reboot. standby mode does work for me, even vga port, btw mine does not have wi-fi nor bt. is the cheapest buiid

could it be regarding ram mhz? according dell the higher is 2666mhz. wireless card maybe? let's see if some else has tested it out.

Last edited:
your efi is lit.

tested on my op3080µ:
i5 10500t
8gib 2666mhz single channel
uhd 630
KBG40ZNS256G NVMe KIOXIA 256GB

everything works but reboot. standby mode does work for me, even vga port, btw mine does not have wi-fi nor bt. is the cheapest buiid

could it be regarding ram mhz? according dell the higher is 2666mhz. wireless card maybe? let's see if some else has tested it out.
What you did to make sleep work? I mean it's a great problem and I have not solved it.

Reboot was an issue but somewhere on cleaning nvram or patching cfg lock and dmvt it disappeared.

What you did to make sleep work? I mean it's a great problem and I have not solved it.

Reboot was an issue but somewhere on cleaning nvram or patching cfg lock and dmvt it disappeared.
I did nothing besides using alexeyalicante's efi... the only problem I have is that I cannot reboot it... then again i do not have wireless module, that could be the reason? do you have a 3200mhz ram as alexeyalicante?

I did nothing besides using alexeyalicante's efi... the only problem I have is that I cannot reboot it... then again i do not have wireless module, that could be the reason? do you have a 3200mhz ram as alexeyalicante?
I'll try to remove module and see myself. If problem is here, hope it can be localized.

Regarding memory I just don't remember. I have 2*8Gb modules and second I bought cheap on occasion. I want to snatch 16Gb module from the laptop of my wife and use 24 Gb setup.

I'll try to remove module and see myself. If problem is here, hope it can be localized.

Regarding memory I just don't remember. I have 2*8Gb modules and second I bought cheap on occasion. I want to snatch 16Gb module from the laptop of my wife and use 24 Gb setup.
What has happened? Same result with the 2666mhz module?

By the way: Thank you very much for sharing your EFI, Alex.

@phanex @ARiosProjekt how did you sort reboot and sleep ? I have a 3080 and have used the EFI folder above but struggling with these two.

@phanex @ARiosProjekt how did you sort reboot and sleep ? I have a 3080 and have used the EFI folder above but struggling with these two.
I don't know exactly, when the issue with reboot is gone, but I believe that was after modifying BIOS and setting CFG_lock and DVMT to 64Gb.

The sleep is neverending pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back