Contribute
Register

HELP... macOS installer not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @IgnacioJD,

I saw your post in the other thread, tried sending a reply to you there but for some reason its been held up for mod approval. I'm happy to help if I can, although I'm not hugely experienced with hacks.

I take it youre still stuck in the same situation?

Hey @IgnacioJD,

I saw your post in the other thread, tried sending a reply to you there but for some reason its been held up for mod approval. I'm happy to help if I can, although I'm not hugely experienced with hacks.

I take it youre still stuck in the same situation?

Hey man!!! Thanks SO much for replying. This is already giving me hope again! Hahaha

Yes, I'm still stuck in the same place. I feel I'm almost there but there is something small missing.

Do you think you could go through your process with me? At least the basics? I don't want to take too much of your Time but I would LOVE your help.... really need it hahha

Cheers!!

haha I'll do my best...

I've had a quick look at your config.plist file, but 'm having to use a plain text editor as I dont have access to a clover config at the moment. It looks like you dont have the npci=0x2000 bootflag checked, so I'd start by changing that and seeing what effect that has.

What kexts are you using?

haha I'll do my best...

I've had a quick look at your config.plist file, but 'm having to use a plain text editor as I dont have access to a clover config at the moment. It looks like you dont have the npci=0x2000 bootflag checked, so I'd start by changing that and seeing what effect that has.

Will try it out as soon as I get back home! I'm at a shoot now. And I can't remember all the kexts that I have but I'll send you the list ASAP!

Did you read this thread in full? I could also give you a breakdown of what I've done, perhaps it helps... just let me know ;)

haha I'll do my best...

Hey! How are you?

So I tried setting the config.plist bootflag to npci=0x2000 instead of 3000. Got to the apple logo screen, the loading bar appeared, a very little bit filled up and then it stayed like that. Waited like 15/20 minutes or more to see if it would do something, but I got nothing...

Sorry I didn’t send you my kexts. I forgot. I’ll do that tonight.

Did you use the method at the beginning of the other thread through which I contacted you to make your hackintosh? I’d just like to know what steps you took.

Thanks again! Hope you had a great weekend!

haha I'll do my best...

So here’s the list of kexts that I have in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other folder of the Install macOS High Sierra USB.

Attachments

• 9385CB80-41F5-4465-A310-14BBC794FACE.jpeg
    9385CB80-41F5-4465-A310-14BBC794FACE.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 85
So here’s the list of kexts that I have in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other folder of the Install macOS High Sierra USB.

Hi Ignacio,

So I had another look at your config file over the weekend, there were a few things that needed to be changed, I created one for you, unfortunately I dont have access to it until later this evening. I'll also upload the bios settings for the motherboard when i get back (if you still need them)

You also seem to have way too many kexts, at least in comparison to me. I only use AppleALC, FAKESMC, LILU, Intel Mausi & Intel SmallTree.

I used the method in the @kgp guide and its was pretty straightforward getting the hack up and running, im also using the imac pro 1,1 smbios which I found to be a worthwhile improvement over 17,1.

Last edited:
Hi Ignacio,

So I had another look at your config file over the weekend, there were a few things that needed to be changed, I created one for you, unfortunately I dont have access to until later this evening. I'll also upload the bios settings for the motherboardf when i get back (if you still need them)

You also seem to have way too many kexts, at least in comparison to me. I only use AppleALC, FAKESMC, LILU, Intel Mausi & Intel SmallTree.

I used the method in the @kgp guide and its waspretty straightforward getting the hack up and running, im also using the imac pro 1,1 smbios which I found to be a worthwhile improvement over 17,1.

You’re a Godsend hahaha. Thanks so much man. And no hurry, I’ll probably not have Time tonight so no pressure. But yes, when you can I’d love to know your BIOS settings, I feel maybe that’s where I’m going wrong... and the new config.plist. About the kexts, I just added as I went from tutorial to tutorial hoping they would work, but I’ll use exaclty what you used and hope for the best. The 1,1 smbios is one of the config.plist settings? And did you use a USB2 or 3 flashdrive for the installation?

I will follow everything you sent me by the letter! Hahaha. Thanks so much man!

You’re a Godsend hahaha. Thanks so much man. And no hurry, I’ll probably not have Time tonight so no pressure. But yes, when you can I’d love to know your BIOS settings, I feel maybe that’s where I’m going wrong... and the new config.plist. About the kexts, I just added as I went from tutorial to tutorial hoping they would work, but I’ll use exaclty what you used and hope for the best. The 1,1 smbios is one of the config.plist settings? And did you use a USB2 or 3 flashdrive for the installation?

I will follow everything you sent me by the letter! Hahaha. Thanks so much man!

Haha no problem, I had some time before I head out so...

I've attached a modded EFI (within which is a modded config.plist file) and snapshots of my bios settings.

• Its got the kexts I mentioned plus the voodooTSCSync kext which I forgot at the time. I've activated a few of the basic DSDT patches in the config file, but not the GFX patch as I don't know which slot your GPU is in. I've also unchecked the inject nvidiaweb option.
  • In the SMBIOS section, you still need to generate and fill in the Serial Number, Board Serial Number & SMUUID sections which are blank at the moment. All the other details are refilled with the relevant iMac Pro 1,1 information
  • I don't know which version of High Sierra you've been trying to install, but this will likely need a 10.13.4 installer to work and may fail with previous versions. Section D,2 of the @kgp guide has got all the info you'll require for that bit if necessary.

You should be up and running in no time really, the only issues I encountered getting stuff working was caused by the GPU. Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything(!), good luck and let me know how you get on.

Attachments

• EFI-MOD.zip
    17.9 MB · Views: 105
  • bios-img.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 88
Haha no problem, I had some time before I head out so...

I've attached a modded EFI (within which is a modded config.plist file) and snapshots of my bios settings.

• Its got the kexts I mentioned plus the voodooTSCSync kext which I forgot at the time. I've activated a few of the basic DSDT patches in the config file, but not the GFX patch as I don't know which slot your GPU is in. I've also unchecked the inject nvidiaweb option.
  • In the SMBIOS section, you still need to generate and fill in the Serial Number, Board Serial Number & SMUUID sections which are blank at the moment. All the other details are refilled with the relevant iMac Pro 1,1 information
  • I don't know which version of High Sierra you've been trying to install, but this will likely need a 10.13.4 installer to work and may fail with previous versions. Section D,2 of the @kgp guide has got all the info you'll require for that bit if necessary.
You should be up and running in no time really, the only issues I encountered getting stuff working was caused by the GPU. Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything(!), good luck and let me know how you get on.

My first born child is yours... hahahhaaa

(That was a joke though... just in case it's actually legally binding anywhere.. hahahaha)

As soon as I try it this week I'll let you know how it goes. Seriously, I am extremely thankful. I saw that on your location it said London. You shouldn't meet people from the internet, but I do owe you at LEAST a pint if ever haha.

Will keep you updated!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back