Contribute
Register

HELP... macOS installer not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that you have successfully circumvented the "Still waiting for root device" issue and your new problem is unrelated to USB, so no I don't think that purchasing a USB2 flash drive will help.

Yeah, I thought so, that's why I wanted to ask you first before heading out. Do you have any ideas how I can move forward and get the install down? Is there anything else I can send you that could help?

Yeah, I thought so, that's why I wanted to ask you first before heading out. Do you have any ideas how I can move forward and get the install down? Is there anything else I can send you that could help?

I cannot diagnose
But then it flashes a lot more text and just restarts the system

I cannot diagnose
There is a build guide with similar parts to your own and the author does not mention any problems so it ought to be straightforward, I have no more ideas why this is not the case for you.
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...z270-taichi-i7-7700k-geforce-gtx-1060.243513/

Yeah man... I have not idea either. It's probably one small thing but I have not freaking idea what it could be. I even cleared my CMOS (disabled Legacy to see if it would do anything, just stopped my keyboard from working on my BIOS and had to reset it). Put the BIOS settings back to default and set everything like it should have been set. Tried it again and the same thing happened. Then I checked the link you sent me and I tried setting CSM to disabled like the other guy did, but now when I try to boot from my High Sierra USB flash drive the screen just stays black and nothing happens.... my computer just stays black until I restart it..

There is a build guide with similar parts to your own and the author does not mention any problems so it ought to be straightforward, I have no more ideas why this is not the case for you.
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...z270-taichi-i7-7700k-geforce-gtx-1060.243513/

Hey P1LGRIM!

I hope all's well man. Listen, I've been trying still and even took the PC to a guy who said he's trying to go pro with making hackintoshes but he charged me €50 for nothing. No success. Told me I had to change my motherboard... however, I found this guy: https://www.tonymacx86.com/members/justdatruth.1878906/

He has a VERY similar setup to mine!:

His:
Case: Fractal Design R5
PSU: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750
CPU: 7900X (BeQuiet Silent Loop 360mm)
MB: ASrock Taichi-XE (ASRock Thunderbolt 3 AIC)
GPU: Asus ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti OC / Gigabyte GTX780Ti OC WINDFORCE
RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2666mhz
HDD1: Toshiba RD400 m.2 500GB
HDD2: Samsung EVO 1TB 850
HDD3: 2TB WD Black Performance

Mine:
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P
MB: ASRock X299 Taichi XE
CPU: i7-7820x
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme 11G GDDR5x
PSU: 750 Watt Seasonic Prime Ultra Modular 80+ Titanium
RAM: 32GB (4x 8192MB) G.Skill Trident Z silber/rot DDR4-3600 DIMM CL15-15-15-35 Dual Kit
SSD: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo
HDD: 4TB WD Black
Current OS: Windows 10 (not activated/paid/official) on a partion of the 500Gb SSD (250Gb, the other 250 Gb I was going to use to install the MacOS)

I sent a reply to one of his posts to see how he did it: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-extended-guide.229353/page-679#post-1723458

I know you're a moderator. Would you be able to please approve my reply so I can get in touch with him?

If I succeed I'll send you all the details so you know, and if anyone ever needs it again it's all here.

Cheers man! Wish you the best!
I

I sent a reply to one of his posts to see how he did it: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-extended-guide.229353/page-679#post-1723458

I know you're a moderator. Would you be able to please approve my reply so I can get in touch with him?
I'm not sure what you mean by this.
You cannot send a message to another member until you have a minimum number of posts (75 I think).
The forum rules say :
The Rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter
Moderators don't approve stuff, you need an Admin for that.

Yeah, it wasn't a private message. I just found his first post on the thread and posted a "reply". Here's a screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 5.04.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 5.04.24 PM.png
    800.9 KB · Views: 101
I'm not sure what you mean by this.
You cannot send a message to another member until you have a minimum number of posts (75 I think).
The forum rules say :

Moderators don't approve stuff, you need an Admin for that.

Oh, apparently someone approved it. If it was you, thank you! Anyways, will keep you posted if you're interested.

Cheers!

Yeah, it wasn't a private message. I just found his first post on the thread and posted a "reply". Here's a screenshot.
Maybe it is because you quoted all of his huge post in yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back