Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock X299 Taichi XE
CPU
i7 7820x
Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme
Hi everyone!

First of all, thanks to everyone that comes onto these forums to help fools like me make things work...

My setup:
PRIMARY SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: i7 7820x
Motherboard: ASRock X299 Taichi XE
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB)
USB creation: Macbook Pro 15" Retina Early 2013

So, my problem: As soon as I launch my "Install High Sierra" boot usb on Unibeast or Clover (tried both boots), the apple logo appears. Then the progress bar. Then nothing... it just stays that way and nothing else happens. I've tried Unibeast following all it's instructions. Also using Terminal to create a bootable usb. I've also tried to change setting on Clover Configurator to several different recommended settings for the config.plist of my boot usb. But all options seem to end up with the same result. Frozen on the progress bar.

Could it be a problem with the BIOS settings?

3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it..................................................... (I DID)
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it................................................. (I DID)
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it.................................... (CAN'T FIND A "SECURE BOOT MODE")
6. Set OS Type to Other OS...................................................................... (CAN'T FIND A "Other OS")
7. If your system has IO Serial Port, disable it........................................... (CAN'T FIND A "IO Serial Port")
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled................................................................ (I DID)
9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0....(WOULD MY SYSTEM COUNT? WOULD I NEED TO DISABLE USB 3.0?)

Again, thank you for reading. If you have an idea it would be great. I am desperate at this point and will try any solution.

Cheers!
I

Last edited:
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

As soon as I launch my "Install High Sierra" boot usb on Unibeast or Clover (tried both boots), the apple logo appears. Then the progress bar. Then nothing.
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

98FA8DD2-8FAC-4C1B-B0B5-206BFD0875BD.jpeg
Hey P1LGRIM

Here you go. This is where it stopped, took a pic of that.

Hope it helps. If there is anything else you need to see let me know.

Cheers!

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.
Hey, sorry, thought I had replied but I think I just posted without letting you know. Cheers!

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Hey!

I just added it to the main thread post and to my profile under other hardware I believe... I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. To make the bootable USB I've been using my Macbook Pro 15" Retina Early 2013. Sorry I didn't post it earlier.

Hey!

I just added it to the main thread post and to my profile under other hardware I believe... I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. To make the bootable USB I've been using my Macbook Pro 15" Retina Early 2013. Sorry I didn't post it earlier.
Attach your config.plist

Here you go P1LGRIM! Hope that helps!
Try this edited version of your config.plist.
Remember to boot with nv_disable=1 until you have installed the OS and the web drivers.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.5 KB · Views: 247
Try this edited version of your config.plist.
Remember to boot with nv_disable=1 until you have installed the OS and the web drivers.

Thanks man!!! I'll try it right now. But before I do, would the "nv_disable=1" be a boot args command I'd have to add or would I have to edit that somewhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back