Contribute
Register

[Help] - Kernel Panic trying to boot El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have spent the last 3 days trying to get el capitan installed on my G74sx and I have followed this thread and all the different guides, used different installation methods, different arg's, etc and the farthest I can get is a apple logo with a fully filled out progress bar.

If anyone can help me out I would be willing to tip very well for a skype call with a walkthrough or troubleshooting.

I have spent the last 3 days trying to get el capitan installed on my G74sx and I have followed this thread and all the different guides, used different installation methods, different arg's, etc and the farthest I can get is a apple logo with a fully filled out progress bar.

If anyone can help me out I would be willing to tip very well for a skype call with a walkthrough or troubleshooting.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

--

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

USBInjectAll.kext shouldn't affect FakeSMC injection, but you can easily test for that... remove USBInjectAll.kext from Clover/kexts/Other and see what happens.

Sometimes you have to think on your own...

For example, you could always place the installer on the HDD (carve off a 10mb partition for it) and boot the installer directly from there. Then deal with your USB problem later...

Removing USBInjectAll.kext leads to "still waiting for root device" problem.

So you mean i should connect my HDD to another PC and install clover on that HDD? Did I understand that right?

thanks for your patience rehabman!

Removing USBInjectAll.kext leads to "still waiting for root device" problem.

So you mean i should connect my HDD to another PC and install clover on that HDD? Did I understand that right?

thanks for your patience rehabman!

Connect the HDD to another PC and create an install_osx partition on it. You can continue to use the USB for Clover. Putting Clover also on the HDD EFI would be possible, but completely optional. It is probably easier to make tweaks to your Clover config if it is on USB.

Hello,

i've exactly the same issue than indaqub ( same laptop.. )
But i don't understand exactly what i must do, remove HDD and format it to guid on a mac?

Hello,

i've exactly the same issue than indaqub ( same laptop.. )
But i don't understand exactly what i must do, remove HDD and format it to guid on a mac?

The HDD can be partitioned within Disk Utility from the OS X installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back