Contribute
Register

[Help] - Kernel Panic trying to boot El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use a 16GB USB2 stick.

My fault! I think FakeSMC started but it was really fast...
Here are some quickly shot photos. These photos are just the first few seconds of the booting. Later on it shows me again "Waiting for DSMOS"

Im actually using a 16GB USB2 at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    987.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    997.2 KB · Views: 94
My fault! I think FakeSMC started but it was really fast...
Here are some quickly shot photos. These photos are just the first few seconds of the booting. Later on it shows me again "Waiting for DSMOS"

Im actually using a 16GB USB2 at the moment.

Try alternate DropTables configuration. Try with FakeID=0x12345678.

Try alternate DropTables configuration. Try with FakeID=0x12345678.

I don't know which alternate DropTables i could use as i haven't found no useful information in the search...

Could you give me some more information about injecting FakeID=0x12345678 in my config.plist? Same here, couldn't find any concrete information.

Could you also tell me where i can find more information about post #73?

Thank you so far rehabman!

I don't know which alternate DropTables i could use as i haven't found no useful information in the search...

It is in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Could you give me some more information about injecting FakeID=0x12345678 in my config.plist? Same here, couldn't find any concrete information.

You can set it in the Clover GUI. Go to the graphics injection menu.

Otherwise, it can be set config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x12345678.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 88
Thank you so far! I chose the second option and used alternate DropTables, but still same problem. "Waiting for DSMOS".

Clover attached.

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

See post #66

USBInjectAll.kext shouldn't affect FakeSMC injection, but you can easily test for that... remove USBInjectAll.kext from Clover/kexts/Other and see what happens.

Sometimes you have to think on your own...

For example, you could always place the installer on the HDD (carve off a 10mb partition for it) and boot the installer directly from there. Then deal with your USB problem later...

Clover attached.

Is there a reason you're not booting UEFI?

If your laptop has UEFI, you should be using it. And you'll need to configure Clover properly (per guide) for it.

--

Your profile should specify how you're using Clover... read below carefully...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back