Asrock z77 Professional M
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
EVGA gtx 760 Ti 4GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,
I own an Asus G74SX (i7 2670qm, 16gb ram, 2 ssds, gtx 560m without optimus), which is running Yosemite without any problem. I was able to install El Capitan, using Unibeast and some customization of config.plist.
But after install I was not able to boot, there is always a kernel panic. Here is a screenshot, I hope someone can give me some advice.

Any suggestion?

Attachments

• 1011.jpg
    1011.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 260
Hi all,
I own an Asus G74SX (i7 2670qm, 16gb ram, 2 ssds, gtx 560m without optimus), which is running Yosemite without any problem. I was able to install El Capitan, using Unibeast and some customization of config.plist.
But after install I was not able to boot, there is always a kernel panic. Here is a screenshot, I hope someone can give me some advice.

Any suggestion?

Follow Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

first of all, thanks for replying.
The guide you mention is the one I followed to install yosemite, with a few corrections based on my hardware. I am not sure about boot args, because I used those which worked well with chimera, and I am not sure they work with clover the same. I was not able to use your config.plist files, because I have not intel graphics, so I had to create one with clover configurator. Anyway, it worked very well with Yosemite, and I never had a system so stable on my laptop before.
Now, I am using the exact same config.plist for el capitan, but I can't boot. I think the problem resides on config.plist, but I can't understand where.
I tryed to read again your guide, and I find a part talking about "Note regarding CPU power management and SSDTs", and I tryed to open config.plist to check the ACPI\DropTables segment and ACPI\#DropTables. There is almost nothing for the 1st point, and the 2nd is simply missing. I don't know if the problem is there, but I guess my config.plist is not perfect.
I zipped my config.plist, my ssdt and my dsdt in the attachment, if you could give it a look, and suggest me where to modify it, I'd really appreciate.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• files.zip
    27.2 KB · Views: 121
first of all, thanks for replying.
The guide you mention is the one I followed to install yosemite, with a few corrections based on my hardware. I am not sure about boot args, because I used those which worked well with chimera, and I am not sure they work with clover the same. I was not able to use your config.plist files, because I have not intel graphics, so I had to create one with clover configurator. Anyway, it worked very well with Yosemite, and I never had a system so stable on my laptop before.
Now, I am using the exact same config.plist for el capitan, but I can't boot. I think the problem resides on config.plist, but I can't understand where.
I tryed to read again your guide, and I find a part talking about "Note regarding CPU power management and SSDTs", and I tryed to open config.plist to check the ACPI\DropTables segment and ACPI\#DropTables. There is almost nothing for the 1st point, and the 2nd is simply missing. I don't know if the problem is there, but I guess my config.plist is not perfect.
I zipped my config.plist, my ssdt and my dsdt in the attachment, if you could give it a look, and suggest me where to modify it, I'd really appreciate.

Thanks in advance!

Start with the config.plist files from the guide and add the necessary changes for your graphics.

1st of all, thanks again, for your answer and your patience.
well, I made some progress.
I tryed to follow unibeast guide, and instead to use my old config.plist file used in yosemite, I created a new one using clover tools from unibeast guide.
System, finally, booted.
Now the problem are USB ports. When I booted the 1st time using USB pen without any EFI folder installed, USB ports worked, and system was detected as a macbook pro 2011 (if I remember). Creating my own config.plist file, I tryed to use macbook 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3, and system didn't boot. I then tryed macpro 3,1, and system booted really fast. I'd prefer this smbios also because I'd like to use nvidia alternate drivers. However, this way USB ports don't work at all, so I guess I have to study your post about this problem, and figure out what to do. It's very difficult for me, being a noob, but with some patience I hope to be able to understand what to do.

thanks a lot, for now. I'll keep you updated.

[SOLVED] - Kernel Panic trying to boot El Capitan

OK,
I am happy to say that now El Capitan runs smoothly on my G74SX. This old glory laptop has still something to say.
I solved USB problems editing DSDT.aml, like the guide for USB in El Capitan teaches.
The only problem unsolved, at the moment, is that the USB 3.0 port is not working anymore. Is not an intel one, is an old fresco logic, which worked with the good old generic usb 3.0 kext in yosemite.
If someone finds a solution for this problem, I could say to have a 100% working machine.

Anyway, big thanks RehabMan!

OK,
I am happy to say that now El Capitan runs smoothly on my G74SX. This old glory laptop has still something to say.
I solved USB problems editing DSDT.aml, like the guide for USB in El Capitan teaches.
The only problem unsolved, at the moment, is that the USB 3.0 port is not working anymore. Is not an intel one, is an old fresco logic, which worked with the good old generic usb 3.0 kext in yosemite.
If someone finds a solution for this problem, I could say to have a 100% working machine.

Anyway, big thanks RehabMan!

Which Fresco chip is it?

Actually I don't have windows installed. I will install it back tomorrow. As I do this, I'll check hardware ID and I'll check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back