Contribute
Register

[Help] Kernel Panic during boot of the installation USB (Catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell PRECISION 3630 Tower
CPU
Intel i7 8700k
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630 (1920x1080)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello :), i'm new in the forum and i need help for a kernel panic that appears when i boot from the installation USB, and i can't reach the installation UI. It appears after about 30 seconds, but i don't know how to understand it (the error should be a cpu error, it seems). The version of Mac OS is 10.15.4. I followed a guide in the forum to set my device-id and the section Devices>Properties in Clover Configurator. I've also patched Intel Framebuffer using WhateverGreen.
KEXTS: FakeSMC (with all the sensors by
RehabMan), NullEthernet, Lilu, WhateverGreen. -->ALL UPDATED TO THE LATEST VERSION
DRIVERS UEFI: apfs.efi, ApfsDriverLoader.efi, AptioMemoryFix.efi, AudioDxe.efi, DataHubDxe.efi, FSInject.efi, HFSPlus.efi, NvmExpressDxe.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi, PartitionDxe.efi, SMCHelper.efi.

My computer is a Dell Workstation with i7 8700k and in the bios "Legacy Option ROMs" is enabled, even if i boot in UEFI mode. Serial Port is disabled and VT-d is enabled.

Thank you for your help.
IMG_20200416_105524.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.5 KB · Views: 90
Hello :), i'm new in the forum and i need help for a kernel panic that appears when i boot from the installation USB, and i can't reach the installation UI. It appears after about 30 seconds, but i don't know how to understand it (the error should be a cpu error, it seems). The version of Mac OS is 10.15.4. I followed a guide in the forum to set my device-id and the section Devices>Properties in Clover Configurator. I've also patched Intel Framebuffer using WhateverGreen.
KEXTS: FakeSMC (with all the sensors by
RehabMan), NullEthernet, Lilu, WhateverGreen. -->ALL UPDATED TO THE LATEST VERSION
DRIVERS UEFI: apfs.efi, ApfsDriverLoader.efi, AptioMemoryFix.efi, AudioDxe.efi, DataHubDxe.efi, FSInject.efi, HFSPlus.efi, NvmExpressDxe.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi, PartitionDxe.efi, SMCHelper.efi.

My computer is a Dell Workstation with i7 8700k and in the bios "Legacy Option ROMs" is enabled, even if i boot in UEFI mode. Serial Port is disabled and VT-d is enabled.

Thank you for your help.View attachment 462784
you may need to set DVMT pre to at least 64MB in your BIOS

Thank you very much for your responce. I can't change DVMT pre because i can't find it in the Dell bios.

Thank you very much for your responce. I can't change DVMT pre because i can't find it in the Dell bios.
you need to update your hardware profile properly as well

Dell is a bit vague, and also your graphics section as well

Ok. Can i write the exact name of the model?

Ok. Can i write the exact name of the model?
yes, ie:
Motherboard: Dell OPTIPLEX 3010
Graphics: Intel HD620

just for an example

Perfectly. I have done.

Perfectly. I have done.
then you will need to enable the min stolen patch as indicated here:

Ok, thank you. I will follow the guide, and update you. Only a question: does the min stolen patch conflict with my settings in the config.plist? Because there are some patches in Device section related to the framebuffer.

Ok, thank you. I will follow the guide, and update you. Only a question: does the min stolen patch conflict with my settings in the config.plist? Because there are some patches in Device section related to the framebuffer.
did you use clover configurator to generate a config.plist for you? if so, it looks a bit messy, too much rubbish in there

you will need to trial and error adding that patch in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back