Contribute
Register

Help! Kernel Panic: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily(1.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am facing a kernel panic when booting mac os sierra.

My hardware is :

Alienware 17 R3
CPU : i7-6700HQ
Memory : 16GB 2133mHZ
Graphics: Nvdia 970m

In Bios I disabled VT for Direct I/O and secure boot.

I use clover as the boot loader. Set flag -v, dart=0, nv_diable=1, kext-dev-mode=1. And I have also tried safe mode.
SMBus: iMac 17,1

Made A patch in kernel and kext Patches:

Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI find : 83BD8CFEFFFF10 replace : 83BD8CFEFFFF16

I have tried all kinds of kexts such as IOUSBHostFamily.kext, AppleUSBXHCI.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, GenericUSBXHCI.kext and so on...but no one works. Can anybody shed some light on what to do? Thank you soooooo much!!!!!:thumbup:

Boot log:
Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 11.30.02 PM.png

Hi, I am facing a kernel panic when booting mac os sierra.

My hardware is :

Alienware 17 R3
CPU : i7-6700HQ
Memory : 16GB 2133mHZ
Graphics: Nvdia 970m

In Bios I disabled VT for Direct I/O and secure boot.

I use clover as the boot loader. Set flag -v, dart=0, nv_diable=1, kext-dev-mode=1. And I have also tried safe mode.
SMBus: iMac 17,1

Made A patch in kernel and kext Patches:

Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI find : 83BD8CFEFFFF10 replace : 83BD8CFEFFFF16

I have tried all kinds of kexts such as IOUSBHostFamily.kext, AppleUSBXHCI.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, GenericUSBXHCI.kext and so on...but no one works. Can anybody shed some light on what to do? Thank you soooooo much!!!!!:thumbup:

Boot log:
View attachment 216899
I'm stuck at the same problem. I looked at your info and noticed a few things:

-Looks like you're on a laptop. You posted this in the desktop section so you probably won't get much response.
-Check out this thread for the 15" version of your laptop: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-alw-15-r2-install-ei-capitan.183018/
-I've been able to use files posted in there to install, but I've never been able to build my own working install USB because I never figured out how to get past this problem using kexts and config.plist edits. I'm thinking my next step will be to try manual DSDT edits.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back