Graphics
MSI GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently tried to revive my Dell 9010 USFF by attempting to install Mavericks to it. I follow this guide here, http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...l-optiplex-9010-everything-works-out-box.html. The installation was fine, though I had to boot to safe mode to be able to get to the installation screen. After installation, I had to use -x to boot to OS X environment and used Multibeast to install Easybeast and nothing else. Then I used the ACPI correction file that the OP included. Upon reboot, it gives me the kernel panic below.

Some extra information, before replacing the ACPI file, when booting without -x, it stuck in the Apple logo and spinning wheel screen.

Would really appreciate any insights and suggestions.

Thanks a bunch,

Attachments

• 2014-04-04 23.16.56.jpg
    2014-04-04 23.16.56.jpg
    607.9 KB · Views: 316
hmmm, probably this kext is for 10.9.0 and you are using 10.9.2.
The best way, is you send me your DSDT. (you can use aida64 for it) and i'll patch it for your acpi.
So you won't need edit the kext.

Let's try make a Mavericks Vanilla, in other words, without voodoo HDA and the minimal possible of edited kexts

OBS: Please send me all your config.
Audio, video, proc, chipset, etc.

OBS2: Try if it make your system start: in chameleon type: GeneratePStates=Yes GenerateCStates=Yes.
This isn't the best method, but will permit you to take dsdt

Thank you for dropping by. I included the files I extracted using aida64 like you said. (When I click "save table", there are 3 options for ssdt, I saved the first one)

For my computer specs, I have: i5 3475s, chipset Q77, audio ALC269, video HD4000.

I'm a very basic user. I have another desktop that uses all the recommended hardware so I never had to patch anything. So is it correct to assume that if I don't have a Gigabyte board then I will need DSDT file when installing Multibeast? And can you send some helpful links to get me started.

Thanks,

Attachments

• acpi_dsdt.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 105
:)
I'll edit it for you.
Now, I recomend you make a clean instalation. Utilizing the multibeast.
Don't install any audio kext in the multibeast. Only ethernet, video, etc. (select for don't use dsdt)

For start without -x, you will need patch your bios or edit the appleintelcpumanagement.kext
I recomend this topic: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandyivy-bridgehaswell-cpus/

So, following it you won't need patch bios, but you'll need edit the kext in every update of OS. BUT, it's more safest.

With the dsdt edited, your audio and other stuffs will be recognized with the vanilla drivers.

OBS: Dsdt attached! :D
So, for audio you'll need this kext: http://goo.gl/dkXS5k
For install it, you'll need the kext wizard.

And the dsdt, you only need put it in extra folder.
(but, first, read the topic and patch your appleintelcpumanagement.kext)

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    37.9 KB · Views: 172
macsofrido,

Thank you for your help. I got it working. It was silly of me. I installed the ACPI kext without using Kext Wizard. I tried install it using Kext Wizards like you said and everything worked nicely, even the ACPI kext I found from the link I posted.

One question though, since I have everything working, do I need DSDT file copied to /Extra folder? What do I hope to achieve by doing this?

Thanks,

Oh, that's good!

So, i really recomend the dsdt. Your "original" dsdt have a lot of errors for mac.
The dsdt that I've edited it's prepared to mac. All the devices are renamed, like in a real mac.

So, follow the tutorial that i've attached in the other post, because you'll need a SSDT and I recomend utilize -xcpm in chamaleon flags. It will make speedstep work, and will give more performance.

I recommend too, delete the voodooHDA and install the audio kext that i've attached. Utilizing the kext + dsdt you'll have the best sound possible.

:D

Hi,

I have the same problem with my Optiplex 9010. But I tried to install Maverics 10.9.5..
Can you please patch the file for me if upload my pc config from aida64?
I really need to do it as soon as possible..

Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back