Motherboard
Alienware 17 R4
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1060, HD630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have referenced from @rockjesus Clover files for my macOS 10.15.2.

Changes made: The sleep was not working and minimum brightness was too high for usage. So I replaced VoodooTSCSync.kext with lvs1974's new CpuTscSync.kext. Sleep is working now using darkwake=10 ( But takes too long to go into sleep). For brightness, I used -wegnoegpu boot flag. But now the highest brightness is low( 60% of windows). Also boot & shutdown takes too long after these changes. ( Should I copy kexts to S/L/E and change kexts=detect ?)

The most pressing issue for me right now is the power consumption. I am trying to do it via DSDT patches using @RehabMan's guide but there is already a disableDGPU.dst. Also, does -wegnoegpu do the same thing?

USB c->HDMI via iGPU is not working. Also, thunderbolt port hotplug causes restart.

@Feartech Can you please help me?

Attachments

• debug_1743.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
@Feartech @rockjesus If you can please help me. Can't seem to figure it out.
you have too many I2C kexts in clover, you only need the ones relevant to your machine

VoodooHDA.kext and AppleALC shouldn't be used together

remove the .dsl files in acpi/patched folder

your config.plist is quite messy, in fact you should compare side by side with one from the laptop guide:
using clover configurator is a bad choice, use either xcode or PlistEditPro

for example:
you don't need this:
Code:
<key>ForceKextsToLoad</key>
        <array>
            <string>\System\Library\Extensions\AppleHDA.kext</string>
        </array>

MacBookPro14,1 would be a better choice

keep your kexts in clover with Catalina

@Feartech I don't understand. Without those patches, the system won't even boot.
clover only read .aml files :) although it probably won't make much difference on them being there, it is just that they are not actually doing anything :)

@Feartech . Fixed sleep, power management & disabled GPU.

Searched a lot but can't seem to figure out. My UsbC hub works through TB without hotplug. But HDMI through the hub is not working. Big bummer as no way to connect to a monitor.

Attachments

• debug_3828.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 74
@Feartech Have I left out any graphics patch or any problem in USB config?

@Feartech . Fixed sleep, power management & disabled GPU.

Searched a lot but can't seem to figure out. My UsbC hub works through TB without hotplug. But HDMI through the hub is not working. Big bummer as no way to connect to a monitor.
i don't have the same hardware so not sure on that one, sorry

Fixed that issue.

@Feartech what is the current best way to implement Thunderbolt port hotplug? ( IOElectrify won't support HDMI )

Fixed that issue.

@Feartech what is the current best way to implement Thunderbolt port hotplug? ( IOElectrify won't support HDMI )
not sure as i don't have the hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back