Contribute
Register

HELP Issue with Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of my folders in EFI/CLOVER/kexts are empty

I missed the picture moment, going to reboot again. It booted me with the card disabled I'm guessing from the looks of it

Put FakeSMC and appropriate Ethernet kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/other leaving the rest of the folders empty. Don't forget to boot without cache.

No, I choose to put my kexts in /kexts/Other and delete all of the 10.* folders.
See attached ... I caught it right as it stopped and was fading away

Attachments

• 6752589462822247499-account_id=1.jpg
    6752589462822247499-account_id=1.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 79
Put FakeSMC and appropriate Ethernet kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/other leaving the rest of the folders empty. Don't forget to boot without cache.
I downloaded these kexts, put them in the other folder, I rebooted with UseKernelCache=No, and then I got the same error I did with unable to allocate runtime or whatever from my original picture

In my latest picture, at the bottom right before Nvidia, it says that IntelCPU power management timed out, do I need the NullCPU kext then? How would I go about adding that? Just put it into the others folder again?

Edit: I installed NullCPU kext in the others folder as well. I got a better picture of the full loadout, this is with nv_disable=1 and -v

Attachments

• IMG_20160920_210936.jpg
    IMG_20160920_210936.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I downloaded these kexts, put them in the other folder, I rebooted with UseKernelCache=No, and then I got the same error I did with unable to allocate runtime or whatever from my original picture

In my latest picture, at the bottom right before Nvidia, it says that IntelCPU power management timed out, do I need the NullCPU kext then? How would I go about adding that? Just put it into the others folder again?

Edit: I installed NullCPU kext in the others folder as well. I got a better picture of the full loadout, this is with nv_disable=1 and -v

No. you press space bar at Clover and boot without cache. UseKernel=No is not valid with Clover.

No. you press space bar at Clover and boot without cache. UseKernel=No is not valid with Clover.
I tried this as well, however there was no difference. As it stands I cannot boot with my graphics card unless I disable it, when I don't disable it I get the "unable to allocate runtime area" error. I deleted everything in my EFI partition, formatted my Mac partition and reinstalled and reran multibeast, and installed graphics drivers, then tried installing the card again, and still nothing changed.

I tried the Aptio fix by putting in Fix-64 besides Fix2-64 and it wouldn't even let me boot with the card disabled. I tried putting in HFS.efi and deleting the Vxxxx.efi...whatever it is in my boot folderand I put in NullCPU management, those both helped I think to have more consistent booting with my IGFX but not Nvidia still.

Tonight, for the 5th night in a row I guess I will try completely formatting my SSD and only restoring applications from my time machine backup, not computer settings or account settings. I hope before then someone has a solution.

I'm really getting angry with this. Everything was good after I rebuilt my system. Then I installed the 10.11.6 security update and I started having these issues. I updated the Nvidia driver when I did that as well. It just doesn't make sense to me that now when Ive erased everything and repeat the way I originally installed 10.11.6 (without the security update) that the issue still persists. Ive read other issues like this and I can't find a solution :(

I tried this as well, however there was no difference. As it stands I cannot boot with my graphics card unless I disable it, when I don't disable it I get the "unable to allocate runtime area" error. I deleted everything in my EFI partition, formatted my Mac partition and reinstalled and reran multibeast, and installed graphics drivers, then tried installing the card again, and still nothing changed.

I tried the Aptio fix by putting in Fix-64 besides Fix2-64 and it wouldn't even let me boot with the card disabled. I tried putting in HFS.efi and deleting the Vxxxx.efi...whatever it is in my boot folderand I put in NullCPU management, those both helped I think to have more consistent booting with my IGFX but not Nvidia still.

Tonight, for the 5th night in a row I guess I will try completely formatting my SSD and only restoring applications from my time machine backup, not computer settings or account settings. I hope before then someone has a solution.

I'm really getting angry with this. Everything was good after I rebuilt my system. Then I installed the 10.11.6 security update and I started having these issues. I updated the Nvidia driver when I did that as well. It just doesn't make sense to me that now when Ive erased everything and repeat the way I originally installed 10.11.6 (without the security update) that the issue still persists. Ive read other issues like this and I can't find a solution :(

Have you tried a older version of Clover? I tried the latest version of Clover last night but i couldn't boot without cache neither. I think the latest version of Clover is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back