Graphics
Nividia GeForce TX 660 Ti 2gb
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm new to this site and I've been searching for hours trying to find a proper instal guide for the new mini itx z77n-wifi gigabyte motherboards. My setup is an i7 3.5ghz ivy bridge, a 660ti nividia graphics card and 16gb ram and I have 250gb ssd and 1tb norm hd. My case is the bitfenex prodigy case.

And I was also wondering if my graphics card can make a higher res then the mother board can output cause this motherboard can only handle 1900x1200issh resolution

This build report contains somewhat of a guide. His graphics card requires extra effort like removing it during the installation - something you should not need to do. He gives Multibeast selections but doesn't say much about the wireless which is something that concerns me. Don't know who makes it so don't know whether it is compatible: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ip-build-ga-z77n-wifi-i5-3570k-hd-6870-a.html

You may find that you need the retail Nvidia drivers for the graphics card instead of the ones provided by Apple. If you do need them, you can download them here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html

Lastly, since you connect your monitor directly to the video card, the capability of the motherboard for onboard video is not important. I found articles that indicate that your video card is capable of 2560x1600 resolution. Gamers say the card is "weak" at those resolutions and recommend something like the 570 for gaming at high resolutions. But depending upon the capability of your monitor, you should be able to achieve the 2560x1600.

Max resolution of the 660TI DVI output is 2560x1600 for the ASUS card. I would think it is the same for the others.

Cool thnx alot, I didn't realize u had to go back to the very begging of the post to see the mb settings. I read to the entire post to try and learn as much as I can, since this is my first hackintosh build

How about booting, how dis you manage to Get your Mac bootable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back