Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000, NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm looking at installing OS X Yosemite alongside Windows 8.1, in order to learn Swift and develop an iOS application.

I'm new to the process of creating a hackintosh, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are my laptop specifications:

Model #: SVF15A13CDB
CPU: Intel Core i7 3667U @ 2.00 GHz, Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM: 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz
Motherboard: Sony Corporation C10GZ83E - Intel IvyBridge 09
BIOS: Insyde Corp R0220DA
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000, 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M (Sony)
Storage: 931GB Seagate ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB (SATA)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm looking at installing OS X Yosemite alongside Windows 8.1, in order to learn Swift and develop an iOS application.

I'm new to the process of creating a hackintosh, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are my laptop specifications:

Model #: SVF15A13CDB
CPU: Intel Core i7 3667U @ 2.00 GHz, Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM: 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz
Motherboard: Sony Corporation C10GZ83E - Intel IvyBridge 09
BIOS: Insyde Corp R0220DA
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000, 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M (Sony)
Storage: 931GB Seagate ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB (SATA)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Read here first: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

Read the stickies here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

I have looked into the laptop compatibility article, as well as the stickies. I still have some questions regarding where to start:

- My laptop does have Intel HD Graphics 4000, as well as NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M, how will I be able to tell if I utilize the switching mechanism? If I do end up disabling the discrete capability or deleting the kexts, will it have effects when I use Windows 8.1?

- Where can I learn more about DSDTs?

I have looked into the laptop compatibility article, as well as the stickies. I still have some questions regarding where to start:

- My laptop does have Intel HD Graphics 4000, as well as NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M, how will I be able to tell if I utilize the switching mechanism? If I do end up disabling the discrete capability or deleting the kexts, will it have effects when I use Windows 8.1?

- Where can I learn more about DSDTs?

If you had read the "Laptop Compatibility" post, you would realize that with dual-GPU switched configurations, only Intel integrated graphics are supported.

As far as DSDT, that's a pretty general question you have there. Start with google or the ACPI spec.

If you had read the "Laptop Compatibility" post, you would realize that with dual-GPU switched configurations, only Intel integrated graphics are supported.

As far as DSDT, that's a pretty general question you have there. Start with google or the ACPI spec.

So it wouldn't be possible to use the NVIDIA graphics at all, even when running Windows? I looked at my BIOS and have the option to disable the discrete graphics.

Is there anything else you would recommend reading?

So it wouldn't be possible to use the NVIDIA graphics at all, even when running Windows? I looked at my BIOS and have the option to disable the discrete graphics.

Is there anything else you would recommend reading?

You can disable nvidia with DSDT/SSDT edits. There are plenty of examples where I helped people do it. That way you can leave it enabled for use in Windows, but not have it using power when in OS X.

You can disable nvidia with DSDT/SSDT edits. There are plenty of examples where I helped people do it. That way you can leave it enabled for use in Windows, but not have it using power when in OS X.

Is there a thread you could direct me to? Thanks.

Just a follow up - my computer has UEFI BIOS. Would I need to use Clover to install Yosemite if I want to stick with UEFI?

To my understanding, Chimera/Chameleon can only be booted in Legacy BIOS, correct? If I use the uni/multi beast method, would I have to switch the BIOS every time I want to boot the respective operating system?

Thanks again.

Just a follow up - my computer has UEFI BIOS. Would I need to use Clover to install Yosemite if I want to stick with UEFI?

To my understanding, Chimera/Chameleon can only be booted in Legacy BIOS, correct? If I use the uni/multi beast method, would I have to switch the BIOS every time I want to boot the respective operating system?

Thanks again.

Clover is the only UEFI capable hackintosh bootloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back