Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[Solved] Help installing on GA-x79-UD3 with 3930k and GTX 970

Hey Everyone,

Like the title suggests I am having trouble installing Yosemite on my system:

MB: GA-x79-UD3
CPU: 3930k
GPU: GTX 970

I've tried a multitude of different boot flag combinations which usually end up with it hang after "[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed".

The most promising boot flag was "npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -f -v" because it gets past that point. But then it goes to an all white screen with a loading bar that seems to hang after moving part way.

I feel like I'm running out of options. Could this be a problem with trying to install with a GTX 970 and a processor that doesn't have a built in graphics processor?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ok, so I got it to install using "npci=0x2000 nc_disable=1 cpus=1 -f -v" now I need help getting it to run smoothly without having to use those flags.

I think it's supposed be something with getting the graphics card drivers working and my CPU running with all cores but I'm not sure how to start.

Ok, so I got it to install using "npci=0x2000 nc_disable=1 cpus=1 -f -v" now I need help getting it to run smoothly without having to use those flags.

I think it's supposed be something with getting the graphics card drivers working and my CPU running with all cores but I'm not sure how to start.

Have you ran multibeast with proper options selected??

Yes, I believe I have

Ok, so more progress has been made. I've installed the NVIDIA web drivers for 10.10.3 and now it loads up with "npci=0x2000 cpus=1".

But the problem now is that I still don't know what to do in so I can run without "cpus=1".

Now I seem to have gotten all cores of the cpu to work by installing the "VoodooTSCSync 6 Core" and selecting "Sany Bridge Core i7" SSDT option in MultiBeast.

Now I can boot using only the "npci=0x2000" flag. But when I go into the About page it still says "Processor 3.5GHz Unknown".

Then next issue I have is getting the sound to work. I've tried using the "ALC898" driver on MultiBeast but it hasn't seemed to work.

Audio is now working. After selecting "ALC898" in MultiBeast I had to also select "Audio ID: 1" from the "Optional HDAEnabler" section.

So now it looks like everything is working except for the processor displaying incorrectly. But that's not a huge issue for me at all.

Is there anything else I should test to ensure I've had a succesful install?

Hello! I have problem with installing mac os El Capitan on X79-UD3 with 3960x, i have disconnect USB flash card and have reboot. Please Help Me)
GA x79-UD3
CPU 3960x
ATI HD7970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back