Contribute
Register

Help Installing Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I got the same result, I could not properly map USBs.

As it turns out I have a non intel controller as well as the C226 controller. It is a Renesas UPD720202 chip. It has apparently no support in MacOS, and is mapping to PXSX ports, but in a non-consistent way.

Is there a way for me to map these ports out ??

Like it is done here for EHC1 ports ? But from PXSX to XHC1 or XHC2 for example ?

• EHC1 to EH01: Needed for Broadwell and older SMBIOS
Key Type Value
Comment String EHC1 to EH01
Count Number <0>
Enabled Boolean YES
Find Data <45484331>
Limit Number <0>
Replace Data <45483031>
Skip Number <0>
TableLength Number <0>
TableSignature Data <>

So far I tried a fix from another forum, that did not work wither which was, using my DSDT I created a SSDT-USB-Reset.aml file, put it in OpenCore, reset everything, USBInject all, kernel patch, reset NVRAM as well, and tried to remap this controller, but I get the same result in both Hackintool and USBMap. One PXSX port on hackintool, and 4 PXSX ports in USBMap, as in the post above.

Can a non-Intel USB chip be mapped in order for macOS to take it ?

I have also tried to both ignore the controller, and disable when creating the USBMap kext, but it still shows up.

Short of getting a new motherboard, what can I do ?

Thanks

Manolo

The answer is yes and no.

Your Renesas chipset is treated by macOS as external - just as it would a PCI USB card in a Mac Pro - so does not figure in the 15-port limit. In days gone by we could add it to our systems using the GenericUSBXHCI kext, however it has not been updated for many years and no longer works reliably. Generally we don't need to anyway. That was a time when EHCI controllers ruled and all USB3 was an add-on.

Nowadays, if Hackintool sees the controller you can add them to your USBPorts.kext. If it does not you shouldn't.

Having said all that, PXSX ports are not a part of any Mac so will always be unreliable, even if you map them.

A move to a full Intel setup is more reliable.

The answer is yes and no.

Your Renesas chipset is treated by macOS as external - just as it would a PCI USB card in a Mac Pro - so does not figure in the 15-port limit. In days gone by we could add it to our systems using the GenericUSBXHCI kext, however it has not been updated for many years and no longer works reliably. Generally we don't need to anyway. That was a time when EHCI controllers ruled and all USB3 was an add-on.

Nowadays, if Hackintool sees the controller you can add them to your USBPorts.kext. If it does not you shouldn't.

Having said all that, PXSX ports are not a part of any Mac so will always be unreliable, even if you map them.

A move to a full Intel setup is more reliable.
Hi, thanks, I'll be buying an easier to hackintosh motherboard.

Thanks

Manolo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back