i7-5775C
Graphics
AMD WX Pro 4100
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm in need of some help. I have for some time now been trying to install Monterey in a setup I have.

Supermicro X10SAE motherboard, it`s a C226 chipset
i7-5775C CPU
AMD WX Pro 4100 GPU
SMBIOS iMac 16,2

I have followed the guide and managed to map every USB port, (both USB 2 and 3), they all work properly. Nevertheless, I am not being able to boot my Monterey USB Drive properly, and a test drive I made and upgraded to Big Sur 11.6.4 will not boot either.

I am attaching screenshots of IORegistry Explorer and Hackintool, that show what I have working, and a copy of my EFI.

I have 15 ports mapped in Hackintool, but IO Explorer shows a whole bunch of other ports, including two AppleUSB20InternalHUBs that have a bunch of other USB ports, I can't see in Hackintool.

I also see some PXSX ports.

The boot process for the Monterey Installer stops when it is going to show the Install GUI. And neither mouse nor keyboard work.

I have checked the Dortania guide extensively and tried various things but nothing gets me past the boot process into the GUI. I am also attaching a copy of the dumped txt file.

Any help is welcome,

Thanks

Manolo

Attachments

• opencore-2022-02-26-191717.txt
    256 KB · Views: 34
  • EFI.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 16.27.29.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 16.27.29.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 16.27.18.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 16.27.18.png
    252.9 KB · Views: 41
Hi,

I'm in need of some help. I have for some time now been trying to install Monterey in a setup I have.

Supermicro X10SAE motherboard, it`s a C226 chipset
i7-5775C CPU
AMD WX Pro 4100 GPU
SMBIOS iMac 16,2

I have followed the guide and managed to map every USB port, (both USB 2 and 3), they all work properly. Nevertheless, I am not being able to boot my Monterey USB Drive properly, and a test drive I made and upgraded to Big Sur 11.6.4 will not boot either.

I am attaching screenshots of IORegistry Explorer and Hackintool, that show what I have working, and a copy of my EFI.

I have 15 ports mapped in Hackintool, but IO Explorer shows a whole bunch of other ports, including two AppleUSB20InternalHUBs that have a bunch of other USB ports, I can't see in Hackintool.

I also see some PXSX ports.

The boot process for the Monterey Installer stops when it is going to show the Install GUI. And neither mouse nor keyboard work.

I have checked the Dortania guide extensively and tried various things but nothing gets me past the boot process into the GUI. I am also attaching a copy of the dumped txt file.

Any help is welcome,

Thanks

Manolo
normally USB3.0 ports are in pairs, ie:
HS01 and SS01 would both be set as USB3.0
HS02 and SS02 etc etc
you appear to be missing a few SS ports...

your BRCM.. internal wifi card on HS13 should be set to "internal" if it is an internal wifi card

normally USB3.0 ports are in pairs, ie:
HS01 and SS01 would both be set as USB3.0
HS02 and SS02 etc etc
you appear to be missing a few SS ports...

your BRCM.. internal wifi card on HS13 should be set to "internal" if it is an internal wifi card
Hi, I remapped everything and I did have a USB 3.0 cable hidden away in the case, I had forgotten about it, my case takes only one USB 3 and two USB 2 in the front, the cable I had stowed away inside the case.

To do this I used inject-all kext 0.7.6, port limit true, and I also renamed all XHC and EHC ports per Dortania Guide, I believe I have finally mapped everything correctly. When all USB ports are shown, there's 54 of them, most of which come from internal hubs. I am also attaching a photo of my new map, I have 14 ports that are or have been populated by plugging USB dongles in them.

I removed the BRCM card, never really used it. So it should not be an issue going forward.

When checking:
ioreg -l -p IOService -w0 | grep -i XHC1
ioreg -l -p IOService -w0 | grep -i EHC1
ioreg -l -p IOService -w0 | grep -i EHC2

All show nothing.

I am now able to boot in the Monterey Installer Disk up to the language selection GUI, select the language press the arrow to continue and it then freezes.

I have read all USB guides repeatedly, but still don't seem to be getting this right. Maybe it's the chipset, more probably its me :). Anyway, I am attaching two photos one of the USBMap output I get, and one of Hackintool, and regardless of what I do, even though I now have 14 USB2 and USB 3 ports from XHC. EH01 and EH02 give me multiple ports, and EH01D controller gives me 16, EH01A gives me 13, but I am unable to eliminate these ports, they always show up in Hackintool, even though I deselect them. Same with HS13, which is an internal port, which I mapped as internal after the photo and have deselected in USBMap repeatedly, but it still shows up on Hackintool.

I still can't boot the Monterey Installer properly.

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Manolo

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 18.59.30.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 18.59.30.png
    290.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 18.59.38.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 18.59.38.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 34
Hi, I remapped everything and I did have a USB 3.0 cable hidden away in the case, I had forgotten about it, my case takes only one USB 3 and two USB 2 in the front, the cable I had stowed away inside the case.

To do this I used inject-all kext 0.7.6, port limit true, and I also renamed all XHC and EHC ports per Dortania Guide, I believe I have finally mapped everything correctly. When all USB ports are shown, there's 54 of them, most of which come from internal hubs. I am also attaching a photo of my new map, I have 14 ports that are or have been populated by plugging USB dongles in them.

I removed the BRCM card, never really used it. So it should not be an issue going forward.

When checking:
ioreg -l -p IOService -w0 | grep -i XHC1
ioreg -l -p IOService -w0 | grep -i EHC1
ioreg -l -p IOService -w0 | grep -i EHC2

All show nothing.

I am now able to boot in the Monterey Installer Disk up to the language selection GUI, select the language press the arrow to continue and it then freezes.

I have read all USB guides repeatedly, but still don't seem to be getting this right. Maybe it's the chipset, more probably its me :). Anyway, I am attaching two photos one of the USBMap output I get, and one of Hackintool, and regardless of what I do, even though I now have 14 USB2 and USB 3 ports from XHC. EH01 and EH02 give me multiple ports, and EH01D controller gives me 16, EH01A gives me 13, but I am unable to eliminate these ports, they always show up in Hackintool, even though I deselect them. Same with HS13, which is an internal port, which I mapped as internal after the photo and have deselected in USBMap repeatedly, but it still shows up on Hackintool.

I still can't boot the Monterey Installer properly.

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Manolo
you seem to be listing 3 internal devices with no text to them, what 3 devices are they?

as mentioned above, usb3 normally has, 2 ports, for example HS01 and SS01 would be both set as USB3.0 as when you plug in a USB3.0 device, the SS port goes green and when you plug in a USB2.0 the corresponding HS port will light up green

you seem to be listing 3 internal devices with no text to them, what 3 devices are they?

as mentioned above, usb3 normally has, 2 ports, for example HS01 and SS01 would be both set as USB3.0 as when you plug in a USB3.0 device, the SS port goes green and when you plug in a USB2.0 the corresponding HS port will light up green

Hello Feartech, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I have been quite busy, and thanks for the help.

I am doing this with the port limit patch in OC set to True, and using USBInjectAll.

I am aware that USB3 has 2x3.0 and corresponding 2x2.0 ports, I am attaching a schema of my mobo with all USB ports mapped, I had them on paper. Nevertheless, I never plugged the second USB3 hub on the mobo, and after doing it, I got very strange results. I am calling them from left to right, USB3_1 and USB3_2.

USB3_1 maps out nicely and gives me SS01, SS02 and HS11 and HS12, as it should.

USB3_2 on the other hand is mapping to PXSX ports, as shown in the diagram and attached photos. On USBMap, both pairs of ports USB2 and USB3 corresponding to this hub map to PXSX1-4, while on Hackintool this hub maps only USB3 ports to PXSX1, and nothing happens when I plug USB2 devices, they are not shown, although they light up, but don't work properly. All devices in this hub, either USB3 and USB2 do not work properly, PenDrives turn on, are seen in USBMap, but not in Hackintool, and don't show up on desktop.

I have no idea what is going on.

Also, both Hackintool and USBMap show USB3 ports SS03 and SS04 that never light up.

All other ports and hubs on the board work properly and light up as they should.

USB3_2 is clearly a problem and probably why I'm not being able to get through to install Monterey.
I am attaching photos of Hackintool and USBMap where I identify PXSX ports, when they should be USB3 and USB2 ports for USB3_2 hub.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Manolo

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 13.32.26.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 13.32.26.png
    273.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 13.32.51.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 13.32.51.png
    271.8 KB · Views: 36
  • MOBO.pdf
    106.2 KB · Views: 42
Hello Feartech, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I have been quite busy, and thanks for the help.

I am doing this with the port limit patch in OC set to True, and using USBInjectAll.

I am aware that USB3 has 2x3.0 and corresponding 2x2.0 ports, I am attaching a schema of my mobo with all USB ports mapped, I had them on paper. Nevertheless, I never plugged the second USB3 hub on the mobo, and after doing it, I got very strange results. I am calling them from left to right, USB3_1 and USB3_2.

USB3_1 maps out nicely and gives me SS01, SS02 and HS11 and HS12, as it should.

USB3_2 on the other hand is mapping to PXSX ports, as shown in the diagram and attached photos. On USBMap, both pairs of ports USB2 and USB3 corresponding to this hub map to PXSX1-4, while on Hackintool this hub maps only USB3 ports to PXSX1, and nothing happens when I plug USB2 devices, they are not shown, although they light up, but don't work properly. All devices in this hub, either USB3 and USB2 do not work properly, PenDrives turn on, are seen in USBMap, but not in Hackintool, and don't show up on desktop.

I have no idea what is going on.

Also, both Hackintool and USBMap show USB3 ports SS03 and SS04 that never light up.

All other ports and hubs on the board work properly and light up as they should.

USB3_2 is clearly a problem and probably why I'm not being able to get through to install Monterey.
I am attaching photos of Hackintool and USBMap where I identify PXSX ports, when they should be USB3 and USB2 ports for USB3_2 hub.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Manolo
best to use Catalina and then follow the usb guide, once they are setup correctly, then update to Monterey

Fair enough. I'll give that a shot, will let you know how it went.

Thanks

Manolo

best to use Catalina and then follow the usb guide, once they are setup correctly, then update to Monterey

Hi, I got the same result, I could not properly map USBs.

As it turns out I have a non intel controller as well as the C226 controller. It is a Renesas UPD720202 chip. It has apparently no support in MacOS, and is mapping to PXSX ports, but in a non-consistent way.

Is there a way for me to map these ports out ??

Like it is done here for EHC1 ports ? But from PXSX to XHC1 or XHC2 for example ?

• EHC1 to EH01: Needed for Broadwell and older SMBIOS
Key Type Value
Comment String EHC1 to EH01
Count Number <0>
Enabled Boolean YES
Find Data <45484331>
Limit Number <0>
Replace Data <45483031>
Skip Number <0>
TableLength Number <0>
TableSignature Data <>

So far I tried a fix from another forum, that did not work wither which was, using my DSDT I created a SSDT-USB-Reset.aml file, put it in OpenCore, reset everything, USBInject all, kernel patch, reset NVRAM as well, and tried to remap this controller, but I get the same result in both Hackintool and USBMap. One PXSX port on hackintool, and 4 PXSX ports in USBMap, as in the post above.

Can a non-Intel USB chip be mapped in order for macOS to take it ?

I have also tried to both ignore the controller, and disable when creating the USBMap kext, but it still shows up.

Short of getting a new motherboard, what can I do ?

Thanks

Manolo

Hi, I got the same result, I could not properly map USBs.

As it turns out I have a non intel controller as well as the C226 controller. It is a Renesas UPD720202 chip. It has apparently no support in MacOS, and is mapping to PXSX ports, but in a non-consistent way.

Is there a way for me to map these ports out ??

Like it is done here for EHC1 ports ? But from PXSX to XHC1 or XHC2 for example ?

• EHC1 to EH01: Needed for Broadwell and older SMBIOS
Key Type Value
Comment String EHC1 to EH01
Count Number <0>
Enabled Boolean YES
Find Data <45484331>
Limit Number <0>
Replace Data <45483031>
Skip Number <0>
TableLength Number <0>
TableSignature Data <>

So far I tried a fix from another forum, that did not work wither which was, using my DSDT I created a SSDT-USB-Reset.aml file, put it in OpenCore, reset everything, USBInject all, kernel patch, reset NVRAM as well, and tried to remap this controller, but I get the same result in both Hackintool and USBMap. One PXSX port on hackintool, and 4 PXSX ports in USBMap, as in the post above.

Can a non-Intel USB chip be mapped in order for macOS to take it ?

I have also tried to both ignore the controller, and disable when creating the USBMap kext, but it still shows up.

Short of getting a new motherboard, what can I do ?

Thanks

Manolo
not sure on that one as I have not had any experience with that

maybe @UtterDisbelief may have an idea

I hope he, or someone else, has a suggestion, still, I'm going to start looking for LGA1150 motherboards that don't have additional USB controllers and are stable in Monterey. Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks Feartech for the help.

Manolo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back