Contribute
Register

HELP installing Monterey on Dell Optiplex 3070 Micro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys this is the model iam using, it does not have any serial ports
my motherboard has no serial ports (option to buy a riser to plug into motherboard) but there is still an option in my bios to turn off or on

serial ports needs to be disabled in bios

Guys this is the model iam using, it does not have any serial ports
That's right. Serial ports are an option though. You can custom order one with a serial port for use in a POS setting. Many retail businesses use these so that is a port that they must have for a business.
Screen_Shot_10.jpg

Serial Ports are legacy ports that just won't go away on PCs. Similar to VGA. The manufacturers keep them alive for backward compatibility with other devices. Businesses and large corporations are the main reason they aren't phased out. If a huge corporation has tens of thousands of monitors with VGA inputs only, how can Dell or HP sell them a PC that doesn't have a VGA output ? The expense to replace all those monitors would be enormous. The 3.5mm headphone jack is the oldest legacy port in history. Apple has tried to kill it but it's still everywhere.

Last edited:
Howdy all - I just ordered a Dell 3070 SFF and am hoping billaq wouldn't mind sharing his latest EFI with me. Are there any issues? Thanks and regards!

EDIT - I did build my own using the Dortania guide but I would like to check my work against someone else's.

I have a AMD Radeon R9 270X that I am going to use so I believe the correct Type is iMac17,1 at least according to trs96 (Dell Optiplex 7020/9020 SFF Desktops at Amazon | Page 8 | tonymacx86.com)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back