Hello all.
This is my system:

Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 2105
i7 3820 CPU
32GB GSkill DDR3 RAM
128GB OCZ SSD
2 X 1.5TB Seagate Sata 6gb/s drives
Nvidia GTX 670

I am following this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...e-asus-rampage-iv-extreme-core-i7-3820-a.html
to install Mountain Lion.

The only major difference between that guide and my system is that I am using the GTX 670 instead of AMD 6870.

I have successfully created the USB Installer via Unibeast, and added GraphicsEnabler=No as a boot flag (typed in at Chimera boot screen then hit enter).

However, I get stuck at the Apple logo and white screen, and nothing moves (I have let it sit for a while).

I read somewhere that I must use PCIRootUID=0 since I am using an Nvidia card, but I am unsure of the syntax to add multiple boot flags (or if I even had it right in the first place...)

Any guidance?

UPDATE: Booted in verbose, install hangs at "PCI Configuration Begin"
UPDATE 2: Booted with -x -v -pcirootuid=0, still hangs at "PCI Configuration Begin

I read somewhere that I must use PCIRootUID=0 since I am using an Nvidia card, but I am unsure of the syntax to add multiple boot flags (or if I even had it right in the first place...)

Any guidance?

UPDATE: Booted in verbose, install hangs at "PCE Configuration Begin"

try type in

-v -x pcirootuid=0

and hit enter. multiple boot flags are separated by a space (one tap on the key board space bar)

-v -x pcirootuid=0

Thanks for the tip!

I tried this exact sequence, but it still hung for over 10 minutes on PCI Configuration Begin. :(

try then with -v -x pcirootuid =1

I have got a very similar system.. And I've been trying very hard to get ML onto this system. I'm having the same problem it just hangs in PCI configuration begin. Any solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back