Help installing Mavericks on Acer Aspire V5-571PG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Aspire V5-571PG-73538G1TMass
CPU
Intel Core i7-3537U @ 2.00GHz (Ivy Bridge / 22nm) / HM77
Graphics
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce 710M / Intel HD4000 (1366x768)
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all,

This is my first time trying to hackintosh a laptop and unfortunately I am unable to even reach the installer.

I am using UniBeast to make a bootable 32GB USB3.0 drive Mavericks installation with laptop support.

I have searched around for the past week or so whenever I got the chance and could not find a post about my particular laptop.

Whilst I have managed to find several posts referring to the CPU Intel Core i7-3537U, none of the suggested boot flags would get me to the installer.

At the moment I am getting halted at either:
SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR: kSMCReadKeyComm/kSMCReadKeyWithSMCComm failed for keyBEMB (kSMCSuccess) // Using boot flag: -v
OR
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed // Using boot flag: IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v -f UseKernelCache=No dart=0

I have tried to enter as much information I can find about my laptop in my profile, using CPU-Z and Speccy.

At this point I am thinking that it may not be possible for my laptop to be hackintoshed, but am just looking for someone who may be able to help me get it working.

Thanks in advanced,
StomachDoi

Hello all,

This is my first time trying to hackintosh a laptop and unfortunately I am unable to even reach the installer.

I am using UniBeast to make a bootable 32GB USB3.0 drive Mavericks installation with laptop support.

I have searched around for the past week or so whenever I got the chance and could not find a post about my particular laptop.

Whilst I have managed to find several posts referring to the CPU Intel Core i7-3537U, none of the suggested boot flags would get me to the installer.

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR: kSMCReadKeyComm/kSMCReadKeyWithSMCComm failed for keyBEMB (kSMCSuccess) // Using boot flag: -v
OR
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed // Using boot flag: IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v -f UseKernelCache=No dart=0

I have tried to enter as much information I can find about my laptop in my profile, using CPU-Z and Speccy.

At this point I am thinking that it may not be possible for my laptop to be hackintoshed, but am just looking for someone who may be able to help me get it working.

Thanks in advanced,
StomachDoi

At what stage does the installer fail? Are you able to disable the NVIDIA graphics in the BIOS?

Hello all,

OR

Thanks in advanced,
StomachDoi

Profile is missing screen resolution. Proper flags cannot be suggested with out it.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

At what stage does the installer fail? Are you able to disable the NVIDIA graphics in the BIOS?

I am not able to disable the NVIDIA graphics in the BIOS as it is only basic settings such as boot disk, Acer does not allow users to access advanced settings.

Profile is missing screen resolution. Proper flags cannot be suggested with out it.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I have updated my profile with hopefully everything. My screen resolution is 1366 x 768 and my motherboard chipset is HM77

Thank you for your fast replies,
StomachDoi

Hello all,

OR

Thanks in advanced,
StomachDoi

Assuming Unibeast4, use these flags:
dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v

Assuming Unibeast4, use these flags:
dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v

Still getting halted at [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed.
However the USB indicator flashes at random intervals whereas before it did not.

Still getting halted at [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed.
However the USB indicator flashes at random intervals whereas before it did not.

Post quality photo of the entire screen. Also, be patient. Booting the installer is not quick.

Post quality photo of the entire screen. Also, be patient. Booting the installer is not quick.

This is about the best photo i can get.

Attachments

• 20140901_071421.jpg
    20140901_071421.jpg
    635.6 KB · Views: 226
Assuming you created your USB with Unibeast4... True?

Try plugging in an HDMI monitor.

I did create the USB with UniBeast4 correct.

As for plugging in the HDMI monitor, it worked. I am able to reach the installer however the laptop screen displays lines and is unusable. But i believe this can be fixed once OSX has been installed?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back