Contribute
Register

Help installing Lion on GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the following offers some guidance - at least they exhibit the mistakes I made...

1) Use only the full 10.7.4 OSX version. I tried it using UniBeast on my USB drive with a previous version of OSX, updating the USB through 10.7.4 Combo Update. That WON'T WORK. Get the App Store version of 10.7.4 and use UniBeast 1.0.4 on the USB drive. Then, use BridgeHelper 5.0 on the USB drive. You should now have a usable and bootable USB drive.

2) Read (and follow!) the instructions http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=59052.

3) Are you on at least F5 bios? The GA board is REALLY easy to update/downgrade, using a (second) USB stick.

4) Experiment with the GraphicsEnabler=Yes (or No) options.

This got my non-WB version of the motherboard working (except for (4), which wasn't needed). However: still some sleep issues but all in all a great machine so far!

finalcut62 said:
Perhaps the following offers some guidance - at least they exhibit the mistakes I made...

1) Use only the full 10.7.4 OSX version. I tried it using UniBeast on my USB drive with a previous version of OSX, updating the USB through 10.7.4 Combo Update. That WON'T WORK. Get the App Store version of 10.7.4 and use UniBeast 1.0.4 on the USB drive. Then, use BridgeHelper 5.0 on the USB drive. You should now have a usable and bootable USB drive.

2) Read (and follow!) the instructions http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=59052.

3) Are you on at least F5 bios? The GA board is REALLY easy to update/downgrade, using a (second) USB stick.

This got my non-WB version of the motherboard working (except for (4), which wasn't needed). However: still some sleep issues but all in all a great machine so far!

I am on a Sandy Bridge cpu, do I still need bridgehelper? I am on exactly F5 bios.
Is it necessary to use 10.7.4?

themacguy said:
finalcut62 said:

I am on a Sandy Bridge cpu, do I still need bridgehelper? I am on exactly F5 bios.

I am currently downloading 10.7.4

Well everything seems to be mostly up and running ok on my UD5H with a 3770K cpu, except I simply cannot get sound working. I've been very careful to follow instructions, but seems when I try to make edits to my extracted DSDT file it won't compile.. I'm getting this error:

(Any help would be most appreciated.. with no sound the machine wont be much use! Can I use a usb sound solution instead?)

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3557: Acquire (MUT0, 0x0FFF)
Warning 1105 - Possible operator timeout is ignored ^

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 7162: Name (_T_0, Zero)
Remark 5111 - Use of compiler reserved name ^ (_T_0)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 7245: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 7328: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 7411: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 7623: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 7706: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 8250: Device (HDEF)
Error 4057 - Name already exists in scope ^ (HDEF)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 8252: Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
Error 4057 - Name already exists in scope ^ (_ADR)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 8829: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 8890: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 10851: If (LAnd (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKS, One))
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKS)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 10853: Store (DSTS, \_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKA)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKA)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11583: Store (0x20, \_SB.PCI0.SBUS.HSTS)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.SBUS.HSTS)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 12147: Method (_HID, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning 1088 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (_HID)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 12147: Method (_HID, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning 1081 - Reserved method must return a value ^ (_HID)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 12213: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 12343: Name (_T_1, Zero)
Remark 5111 - Use of compiler reserved name ^ (_T_1)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 12455: Name (_T_0, Zero)

/Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 12585: Name (_T_1, Zero)
Remark 5111 - Use of compiler reserved name ^ (_T_1)

ASL Input: /Users/adam/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 12821 lines, 410593 bytes, 5434 keywords
Compilation complete. 5 Errors, 3 Warnings, 12 Remarks, 39 Optimizations

My instructions were for Ivy Bridge, sorry...

finalcut62 said:

My instructions were for Ivy Bridge, sorry...

SO for sandy what do I need to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back